Intern - Event Planning
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.Beverly Hills, CA
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. ("MGM") is seeking an Intern who will work alongside the Director, Event Planning to learn the ins and outs of the Events & Conventions industry. Additionally, he or she will gain exposure to working with the Marketing, Sales, Publicity, Employee Engagement and Graphic Design teams within the organization. The expectation is that the intern will work approximately 20-25 hours per week.
Duration of Internship: February 2019 -- May 2019
• Will gain hands-on experience in the field of event coordinating
• Become comfortable working in a professional business environment
• Gain industry knowledge while engaging in a valuable learning experience
• Opportunity to network with top business professionals and industry partners
• Provide support to the Director, Event Planning including scheduling meetings, invoicing and management of event planning software
• Track and maintain event calendars, run of shows and timelines for upcoming projects
• Oversee the shipment of premiums and warehouse inventory
• Manage gifting associated with industry awards and events for cast and crew members
• Support all logistics associated with international conventions
• Co-Manage guest lists, invites, and ticketing for all theatrical and television premieres
• Provide onsite production support including build outs and strikes during events
• Provide planning support for domestic theatrical screenings
• Maintain communication with vendors for catering, graphics, permits, gifts, security, furniture, decor, etc.
• Participate in a capstone project presented to senior leaders within the organization
• Currently enrolled as a college senior or in a graduate program
• Pursuing a degree in Business Administration, Event Planning, Hospitality, Publicity, Entertainment or related field
• Must commit a minimum of 20-25 hours per week; Monday- Friday between 9 am -- 6 pm from February to May 2019
• Ability to acclimate to an incredibly fast-paced environment and anticipate needs
• Excellent communication and professional writing skills
• Proficient with MS Office, Outlook and is Internet savvy
• Attention to detail, accuracy and organizational skills are of the highest importance
• Ability to efficiently manage time and hit deadlines
• Must work well under pressure, is creative and always looks to provide new ideas/solutions
• Must be able to work an occasional night and/or weekend
• Candidates should be prepared to submit a resume and portfolio samples during the interview process
About MGM Studios
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer (MGM) is a leading entertainment company focused on the production and global distribution of film and television content across all platforms. The company owns one of the world's deepest libraries of premium film and television content as well as the premium pay television network EPIX, which is available throughout the U.S. via cable, satellite, telco, and digital distributors. In addition, MGM has investments in numerous other television channels, digital platforms, and interactive ventures and is producing premium short-form content for distribution. For more information, visit www.mgm.com.
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.