Executive Vice President and Chief Information Officer
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.Beverly Hills, CA
Full Time Job
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. (MGM) is looking for a proven leader to serve as MGM's primary technology strategist, architect, and operations head for its worldwide information services group. This candidate needs to possess exceptional strategic and tactical awareness and vision in managing staff, partnering with key business stakeholders, and managing complex global IT initiatives. This is the highest IT leadership role for the enterprise. The CIO has complete ownership of the establishment and execution of the enterprise-wide IT strategy and ensures its alignment with the enterprise's overall business strategy and the delivery of capabilities required to achieve business success. The CIO works closely with senior business executives in support of MGM's production and global distribution of film and television content and the company's distribution platforms.
MGM is a leading entertainment company focused on the production and global distribution of film and television content across all platforms. The company owns one of the world's deepest libraries of premium film and television content as well as the premium pay television network EPIX, which is available throughout the U.S. via cable, satellite, telco and digital distributors. In addition, MGM has investments in numerous other television channels, digital platforms, and interactive ventures and is producing premium short-form content for distribution.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
STRATEGY AND PLANNING
• Participate in strategic and operational governance processes of the business organization.
• Set the mission and vision of the IT organization to foster business-oriented culture and mindset.
• Lead IT strategic and operational planning to achieve business goals by fostering innovation, prioritizing IT initiatives, and coordinating the evaluation, deployment, and management of current and future IT systems across the organization.
• Act as a trusted advisor, and build and maintain relationships with other C-level executives and business unit leaders to develop a clear understanding of business needs; ensure cost-effective delivery of IT services to meet those needs, and respond with agility to changing business priorities.
• Develop and maintain an appropriate IT organizational structure that supports the needs of the business.
• Establish IT departmental goals, objectives, and operating procedures.
• Provides strategic direction and oversight for the design, development, operation and support of the IT portfolio of systems and programs that fulfill the needs of the business, including enterprise architecture management, application management, security and risk management, and infrastructure and operations support management.
• Identify opportunities for the appropriate and cost-effective investment of financial resources in IT systems and resources, including staffing, sourcing, purchasing, and in-house development.
• Assess and communicate risks associated with IT investments.
• Develop, track, and control the information technology annual operating and capital budgets.
• Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives.
• Direct development and execution of an enterprise-wide disaster recovery and business continuity plan.
ACQUISITION AND DEPLOYMENT
• Coordinate and facilitate consultation with stakeholders to define business and systems requirements for new technology implementations.
• Approve, prioritize, and control projects and the project portfolio as they relate to the selection, acquisition, development, and installation of major information systems.
• Direct the development of IT sourcing strategy and provide executive oversight for strategic vendor and partner relationship management.
• Review hardware and software acquisition and maintenance contracts and pursue master agreements to capitalize on economies of scale.
• Define and communicate corporate plans, policies, and standards for the organization for acquiring, implementing, and operating IT systems.
• Ensure continuous delivery of IT services through oversight of service level agreements with end users and monitoring of IT systems performance.
• Drive the development of enterprise technology standards, governance processes and performance metrics to ensure IT delivers value to the enterprise.
• Ensure IT system operation adheres to applicable laws and regulations.
• Establish lines of control for current and proposed information systems.
• Keep current with trends and issues in the IT industry, including current technologies and prices. Advise, counsel, and educate executives and management on their competitive or financial impact.
• Promote and oversee strategic relationships between internal IT resources and external entities, including government, vendors, and partner organizations.
• Supervise recruitment, development, retention, and organization of all IT staff in accordance with corporate budgetary objectives and personnel policies.
• Provide leadership, coaching, and direction to the IT leadership team and staff.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
Master's Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Business Administration or related field preferred, or relevant experience.
• Exceptional leader with the ability to develop and communicate an IT vision that inspires and motivates IT staff to set goals and objectives that align with the business strategy.
• Ability to instill confidence in the business and demonstrate the value proposition of IT.
• Excellent analytical, strategic planning and execution skills.
• Considerable knowledge of business theory, business processes, management, budgeting, and business office operations.
• Experience with major computer systems including SAP ERP and Intellectual Property Management (IPM), MS Office 365, Entertainment specific systems that support Participations and Residuals, SalesForce and other SAAS solutions, DAM and MAM systems and HPERM or other Records and Document Management Systems.
• Deep understanding of enterprise-wide IT and web-based technologies, infrastructure and software/hardware solutions.
• Excellent understanding of project management principles.
• Expertise in budget planning, financial management, and contract management.
• Demonstrated ability to develop and execute a strategic people plan that ensures that the right people are in the right roles at the right time to ensure employees are highly engaged, challenged and satisfied.
• Ability to drive organizational change and build capabilities that effectively balance the needs between continuously exploiting capabilities to optimize operational efficiency and delivering innovative and agile IT solutions to enable business growth and modernization.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to explain IT concepts and technologies to business leaders, and business concepts to the IT team.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Strong negotiating skills.
• Exceptionally self-motivated and directed.
• Keen attention to detail.
• Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
• Exceptional service orientation.
• Ability to motivate in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.