Director, Vendor & Asset Management
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.New York, NY
Full Time Job
EPIX, an MGM Company, is seeking a Director of Vendor & Asset Management to serve as the main contact for all technical facilities with respect to broadcast and VOD distribution by third party vendors and distribution partners, responsible for day-to-day relationship management, driving efficiencies, managing costs, troubleshooting issues, and handling negotiations with third party vendors.
• Work with the EPIX broadcast facility to implement improvements to technical processes
• Set VOD file prep and asset acquirement plans in motion working with internal and external operations groups
• Serve as the principal contact for all technical vendors
• Maintain relationships with outside vendors and divide the workload between them accordingly based on ability, price and bandwidth
• Track progress of all vendor file processing and deliveries
• Strive to consolidate the file type needs of our distribution partners to minimize the number of different transcodes/specs they require and keep costs down
• Ensure that all file deliveries are made in a timely manner and that assets are correctly accounted for and propagated
• Negotiate rates for all technical services and manage ongoing costs
• Budget for all technical needs both linear and VOD
• Reconcile and approve technical services invoices
• Direct the purchase of all technical equipment necessary
• Explore the implementation of new technologies
• Support all affiliate and digital distribution partner onboarding and launches
• Train and mentor operations staff to understand our technical needs and processes
SKILL REQUIREMENTS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
• Bachelor's Degree
• Minimum of 4-5 years of experience in television operations
• Entrepreneurial self-starter able to work well in a fast-paced environment
• Knowledge of current market technical service costs/rate card pricing
• Budgeting/financial expertise
• Fluent in file prep and package processes
• Expert knowledge of video file formats/specs, transcoding, broadcast and VOD operations
• Experience with MAM systems, media storage and transport
• Highly proficient computer skills; Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, data-bases, e-mail, etc.
• Extremely detail oriented with the ability to prioritize and balance multiple projects at once
• Must be able to communicate and interact well with internal and external constituencies
EPIX, an MGM company, is a premium television network delivering a broad line-up of quality original series and documentaries, the latest movie releases and classic film franchises -- all available on TV, on demand, online and across devices. A destination for premium content, EPIX is tripling the amount of original programming on the network beginning in 2018, with a roster of original series including Get Shorty starring Chris O'Dowd and Ray Romano, spy thrillers Berlin Station and Deep State, the return of Mark Burnett's boxing competition series The Contender and late-night comedy docuseries Unprotected Sets, from executive producer Wanda Sykes. In 2019, the network will premiere new series Godfather of Harlem starring Forest Whitaker, Pennyworth, the origin story of Batman's butler Alfred, from DC, and Our Lady, LTD starring Sir Ben Kingsley. Launched in October 2009, EPIX is available nationwide through cable, telco, satellite and emerging digital distribution platforms providing more movies than any other network with thousands of titles available for streaming.
At EPIX, we value creative and innovative thinkers who want to join a team that's working to redefine television. To learn more about career opportunities with EPIX, please visit our website.
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.