Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.New York, NY
Full Time Job
EPIX, an MGM Company, is seeking a Director, Publicity to develop and execute communications and publicity campaigns for EPIX original series, with the goal of maximizing favorable consumer, trade and digital media coverage for EPIX.
* Oversee publicity efforts for EPIX original series, securing national and local media across print, broadcast and online, as well as execute screenings/panels at key events (premieres, TCA, Comic-Con, etc)
* Develop and maintain visibility and relationships with media/reporters to ensure favorable media coverage, serving as the primary media contact for his/her assigned series
* Develop and implement publicity plans and media events to support PR initiatives
* Coordinate media outreach with distribution of announcements, program advisories, press kits, photo and video assets to support programming and other initiatives
* Manage and direct external agencies and consultants to maximize results
* Liaise with publicity counterparts at studios and production companies to ensure seamless coordination of publicity campaigns
* Liaise with internal teams (marketing, creative services) to produce photo shoots and events
* Manage relationships with EPIX talent including publicists, managers and agents
* Write press announcements, press kits and materials as needed
SKILL REQUIREMENTS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
* Minimum 7 years PR experience in television publicity; in-house experience preferred
* Established entertainment media relationships and strong contact list among key press required
* Online and social media familiarity and/or experience a plus
* Excellent verbal and communications skills
* Strong writer with experience writing and editing press communications
* Knowledge of television programming business and competitive marketplace
* Creative and strategic thinker with tactical implementation skills
* Experience in (and/or affinity for) mentoring and growing junior staff
* Team player
EPIX, an MGM company, is a premium television network delivering a broad line-up of quality original series and documentaries, the latest movie releases and classic film franchises -- all available on TV, on demand, online and across devices. A destination for premium content, EPIX is tripling the amount of original programming on the network beginning in 2018, with a roster of original series including Get Shorty starring Chris O'Dowd and Ray Romano, spy thrillers Berlin Station and Deep State, the return of Mark Burnett's boxing competition series The Contender and late-night comedy docuseries Unprotected Sets, from executive producer Wanda Sykes. In 2019, the network will premiere new series Godfather of Harlem starring Forest Whitaker, Pennyworth, the origin story of Batman's butler Alfred, from DC, and Our Lady, LTD starring Sir Ben Kingsley. Launched in October 2009, EPIX is available nationwide through cable, telco, satellite and emerging digital distribution platforms providing more movies than any other network with thousands of titles available for streaming.
At EPIX, we value creative and innovative thinkers who want to join a team that's working to redefine television. To learn more about career opportunities with EPIX, please visit our website.
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.