Director, Distribution and Accounts Receivable, Orion Pictures
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.Beverly Hills, CA
Full Time Job
Orion Pictures, an MGM company, is seeking a Director of Distribution and Accounts Receivable. This role is responsible for accounting as it relates to film distribution at Orion Pictures. This position will also have a small role in sales, handling limited territories. The Director of Distribution and Accounts Receivable will report directly to the Executive Vice President of Distribution, but will work with all members of the staff as needed.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Manage Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable activities
• Process payments received against invoices, and review aging reports
• Route invoices to appropriate individuals for approval, create vendor profiles, and perform some administrative work
• Collect outstanding box office reports for all Orion Pictures
• Build and maintain relationships with all exhibitor account payable personnel
• Analyze theatres and screens for each release in a specific territory
• Negotiate weekly holdovers
• Organize projects and meetings for the entire Distribution team.
• BA/BS degree preferred
• Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience required
• Must have strong analytical, leadership, and organizational skills
• Ability to work with confidential and sensitive information in a discrete manner
• Excellent management, organization and interpersonal skills
• Attention to detail, accuracy and organizational skills are of the highest importance
• Strong computer skills in Mac, PC, and Microsoft (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint) required
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.