Director, Digital Marketing
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.New York, NY
Full Time Job
EPIX, an MGM Company, is seeking a Director of Digital Marketing who will oversee the paid and owned digital and social media marketing strategy for the EPIX brands, including original programming. The Director will manage the development and execution of marketing initiatives that touch multiple digital platforms while working with both outside agencies and internal departments to create content, conversation and community that extend the individual shows' social fan base, increase awareness of the EPIX Brand and ultimately drive subscription.
* Manage EPIX Original programming digital marketing initiatives, including paid and organic social and digital media campaigns with a focus on driving engagement, viewership, and conversion.
* Oversee all social channels e.g.; Facebook, Twitter, Instagram for EPIX original series and brand and the development of a cohesive social strategy and editorial calendar.
* Manage the Social Media team with regard to planning, ideating and overseeing social media content creation and community management.
* Partner with Senior Producer to concept and create engaging short-form video content to live on social channels.
* Partner with the marketing and publicity teams on strategy, creative and timing for promotion of all shows.
* Collaborate with digital agencies to ideate and create compelling, innovative digital experiences and custom content that drive engagement and awareness.
* Work with internal research team and agencies to track campaign effectiveness and post out campaign results.
* Evaluate emerging social media platforms, digital publishers and technologies for possible partnerships.
SKILL REQUIREMENTS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
* Bachelor of Art or Bachelor of Science degree in Marketing, Communication or similar discipline.
* 8 -10 years of digital and social media marketing experience, including experience executing digital marketing plans.
* Superior project management skills; ability to manage multiple priorities, multi-task, meet strict deadlines while managing internal and external communication.
* Prior experience managing a team.
* Motivated and detail-oriented, with excellent time-management skills, strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to function well in a collaborative, team-oriented environment.
* Strong understanding of growth and movement of digital landscape with a passion for all thing social.
* Strong writing skills -- long and short form.
* Experience working within the entertainment industry (client or agency).
* A love for TV and Movies.
EPIX, an MGM company, is a premium television network delivering a broad line-up of quality original series and documentaries, the latest movie releases and classic film franchises -- all available on TV, on demand, online and across devices. A destination for premium content, EPIX is tripling the amount of original programming on the network beginning in 2018, with a roster of original series including Get Shorty starring Chris O'Dowd and Ray Romano, spy thrillers Berlin Station and Deep State, the return of Mark Burnett's boxing competition series The Contender and late-night comedy docuseries Unprotected Sets, from executive producer Wanda Sykes. In 2019, the network will premiere new series Godfather of Harlem starring Forest Whitaker, Pennyworth, the origin story of Batman's butler Alfred, from DC, and Our Lady, LTD starring Sir Ben Kingsley. Launched in October 2009, EPIX is available nationwide through cable, telco, satellite and emerging digital distribution platforms providing more movies than any other network with thousands of titles available for streaming.
At EPIX, we value creative and innovative thinkers who want to join a team that's working to redefine television. To learn more about career opportunities with EPIX, please visit our website.
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.