Director, Data Science Analytics
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.New York, NY
Full Time Job
OVERVIEW OF ROLE:
As the Director, Data Science and Analytics you will work closely with the digital team, data scientists, product managers, and other teams such as marketing, sales and business development to transform data into critical information and knowledge that can be used to make sound product & business decisions across EPIX and MGM. You need to have strong communication skills whether collaborating with software engineers or presenting to CEOs. Beyond providing analysis and guidance to key company teams in the form of reports, dashboards and other communications, you will need to be an evangelist for data and insights, explaining data-driven insights in a way that can be easily understood by business counterparts. You are passionate about learning emerging techniques and the state of the art in data processing and machine learning. You take pride in your craft and enjoy building informative, reliable products. You're excited about data's impact on the world and you are curious, generous and can hustle in a fast-paced environment.
What you will do:
• Gather and help formulate Marketing, Finance, Product, and Business Development data requirements, then lead their implementation and continually evaluate their effectiveness
• Perform data analysis using disparate sources of data to effectively inform stakeholders
• Work with teams to build KPI dashboards, data visualization tools and reporting insights to directly drive product development and help run the business
• Use strong quantitative and analytical skills to work with business and product stakeholders to define metrics that tell the right story in the data
• Take ownership of all recurring report generation for internal and external stakeholders
• Work with teams across EPIX and MGM to find opportunities to drive business improvements through data-oriented techniques
• Establish and support well-defined measurement programs that produce relevant and reliable data, empower informed decision-making and enable iterative cycles of testing, learning and optimization
• Collaborate closely with Digital Development, Design, Product and Editorial teams to incorporate data-driven insights into the feedback loop of design and content strategy
• Work across Marketing and Digital teams on web and app 3rd party tracking pixel and beacon integration and management
• Continually evaluate industry-leading tools and solutions for data collection and reporting
What you will need:
• BS in Data Science or Statistics
• 4-5 Years of data analytics experience
• Experience managing and analyzing large datasets in Microsoft Excel, SQL, Python, R, SAS, and Tableau or other BI and/or data visualization tools
• Strong knowledge of the digital space and digital analytics including the vendors and testing methodologies and approaches
• Passion for digital analytics, working with data and deriving insights to answer business stakeholder questions and drive actions and decision-making
• Organizationally and operationally savvy
• Strategic, dynamic, and accessible leader able to manage, coach and mentor team members
• Ability think critically and strategically to set direction and guide innovation in product management, project management, and resource management
• Relationship builder with internal teams and executives at senior levels
• Able to translate complex analytics/data sciences concepts in terms that are easily understood and accessible to clients at various levels of seniority and sophistication with the material
• Quickly masters new disciplines, concepts, and technologies
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.