Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.New York, NY
Full Time Job
DevOps Engineer (NY or Remote)
EPIX, an MGM Company, is seeking a DevOps Engineer who is responsible for providing cloud engineering support to the Digital Operations team. The DevOps Engineer will work within the DevOps team to support a dynamic, scalable system with discrete, interoperable components powering multiple consumer-facing production workloads.
The ideal candidate will be heavily experienced with AWS workloads, familiar with containers, quick on their feet, and eager to be part of a small, agile Operations team that is at the front line of making the EPIX streaming sites and our consumer facing experience the absolute best it can be.
• Maintain cloud engineering tasks and day to day systems administration and application deployment
• Manage and support EPIX platforms, monitoring systems and applications (on-call component)
• Support the Digital team when needed by providing DevOps support to other groups and departments
• Administer and oversee EPIX SSO platform for Digital team as well as integrations with external/internal applications
• Write and manage application and scripting code used to control infrastructure automation tools
• Extend and maintain in-house tooling and scripting where needed
• Design and develop Lambda functions, Docker containers, Kubernetes clusters, et al to solve a variety of problems
SKILL REQUIREMENTS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
• 5-7 years of experience with significant experience administering, scaling, and triaging AWS production workloads
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
• Linux (Ubuntu/Debian) systems administration
• Familiarity with Docker, container technologies, and Kubernetes; or willingness to learn
• Knowledge of infrastructure automation tools (Ansible/Capistrano/Jenkins) with the ability to modify infrastructure automation tools (Ansible/Capistrano/Jenkins)
• Proficient in at least one programming language (preferably Python)
• Strong experience with various relational and NoSQL databases (MySQL/Aurora/XtraDB, RDS, Redis, DynamoDB)
• Ability to automating lengthy / time consuming tasks using a scripting language of choice
• Understanding of security best practices for cloud-based applications
• Experience in managing and leveraging automation for a large number of AWS services (RDS, Elasticache, EC2, Autoscaling, S3, Redshift, Glue, etc)
• Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
• Highly motivated, hands on team player that will thrive in our fluid, fast-paced environment who operates with a sense of urgency and values accountability
• Detail-oriented and highly organized with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects from inception to production release without handholding
• Maintain a high degree of integrity
• Experience with CDNs (Akamai, Cloudfront, Cloudflare, Fastly, etc) preferred
• Involvement in free software projects / has visibility in the larger GitHub developer ecosystem preferred
• Familiar with Ruby on Rails and Ruby more generally; has experience scaling and dealing with Ruby-based production workloads preferred
• Experience supporting microservice ecosystems in production environments preferred
• Ability to work in NYC but open to remote candidates
EPIX, an MGM company, is a premium television network delivering a broad line-up of quality original series and documentaries, the latest movie releases and classic film franchises -- all available on TV, on demand, online and across devices. A destination for premium content, EPIX is tripling the amount of original programming on the network beginning in 2018, with a roster of original series including Get Shorty starring Chris O'Dowd and Ray Romano, spy thrillers Berlin Station and Deep State, the return of Mark Burnett's boxing competition series The Contender and late-night comedy docuseries Unprotected Sets, from executive producer Wanda Sykes. In 2019, the network will premiere new series Godfather of Harlem starring Forest Whitaker, Pennyworth, the origin story of Batman's butler Alfred, from DC, and Perpetual Grace, LTD starring Sir Ben Kingsley. Launched in October 2009, EPIX is available nationwide through cable, telco, satellite and emerging digital distribution platforms providing more movies than any other network with thousands of titles available for streaming.
At EPIX, we value creative and innovative thinkers who want to join a team that's working to redefine television. To learn more about career opportunities with EPIX, please visit https://corp.epix.com/#working-at-epix
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.