Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.New York, NY
Full Time Job
EPIX, an MGM Company, is seeking a Data Engineer work closely with the digital team, data stewards, product managers, as well as marketing, sales and business development teams to turn data into critical information and knowledge to make sound product and organizational decisions. In this role, it is vital to be a creative thinker and propose innovative ways to extract/combine/manipulate data that feed many systems in near real-time.
• Design, develop and maintain data software pipelines
• Manage EPIX's data lake in test and production environments
• Collaborate in team discussions that require data science and machine learning computation
• Data mine multiple sets of data in different formats from multiple internal and external sources
• Combine structured and unstructured data sets to be used for analysis in production systems such as recommendation engines and tools like Tableau
• Solve and enhance bottlenecks in the software stack by working closely with our DevOps and API engineering team
• Create feedback loops within multiple channels: dashboards, alert systems and real time data integration for use in production applications
SKILL REQUIREMENTS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
• BS in Computer Science, Data Science or Engineering
• 3-4 years of data-related software development
• Knowledge in facility extracting, mapping and scripting data from various in-house and 3rd party tools
• Experience with big data as well as sparse datasets
• Strong competency in SQL, JQL, NoSQL, Python
• Interest in data classification strategies and their uses (DBSHIFT, KMC, EM etc.) and machine learning techniques (Tensorflow, MS ML Suite)
• Familiarity with scrum based environments
• Passionate about learning emerging techniques and the state of the art in data processing, analytics and machine learning -- you use data to inform and make decisions
• Pride in your craft and enjoy building informative, reliable products
• Enthusiastic about data's impact on the world and are curious, generous, and can hustle in a competitive environment
EPIX, an MGM company, is a premium television network delivering a broad line-up of quality original series and documentaries, the latest movie releases and classic film franchises -- all available on TV, on demand, online and across devices. A destination for premium content, EPIX is tripling the amount of original programming on the network beginning in 2018, with a roster of original series including Get Shorty starring Chris O'Dowd and Ray Romano, spy thrillers Berlin Station and Deep State, the return of Mark Burnett's boxing competition series The Contender and late-night comedy docuseries Unprotected Sets, from executive producer Wanda Sykes. In 2019, the network will premiere new series Godfather of Harlem starring Forest Whitaker, Pennyworth, the origin story of Batman's butler Alfred, from DC, and Perpetual Grace, LTD starring Sir Ben Kingsley. Launched in October 2009, EPIX is available nationwide through cable, telco, satellite and emerging digital distribution platforms providing more movies than any other network with thousands of titles available for streaming.
At EPIX, we value creative and innovative thinkers who want to join a team that's working to redefine television. To learn more about career opportunities with EPIX, please visit https://corp.epix.com/#working-at-epix
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.