Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.New York, NY
Full Time Job
EPIX, an MGM Company, is seeking a Data Engineer to work closely with the digital team, data stewards, product managers, and other teams such as marketing, sales and business development to turn data into critical information and knowledge that can be used to make sound product & organizational decisions.
You need to be a creative thinker and propose innovative ways to look at problems by using data mining approaches on the set of information available. You will need to validate their findings using an experimental and iterative approach.
Also, you will need to be able to present back their findings to the business by exposing their assumptions and validation work in a way that can be easily understood by their business counterparts.
You are passionate about learning emerging techniques and the state of the art in data processing and machine learning. You use data to inform and make decisions. You take pride in your craft and enjoy building informative, reliable products. You're excited about data's impact on the world and you are curious, generous and can hustle in a competitive environment.
• Analyze and data mine multiple sets of data in different formats from multiple internal and external sources
• Combines structured and unstructured data sets to be used for analysis in tools like Tableau
• Builds data pipelines used for modeling, machine learning
• Build internal analytics databases
• Create feedback loops within multiple channels: dashboards, alert systems and real time data integration for use in production applications
• Identify patterns that can inform user experience, content presentation and offers to engage
• Dynamically segment audiences to target promotional messaging
• Use available data streams to help Sales and Marketing optimize conversion costs
• Identify groups most likely to be responsive to calls to action and identify efficient ways to target and address those groups
SKILL REQUIREMENTS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
• BS in Data Science or Statistics
• 4 years of data analytics experience
• Experience with large as well as sparse datasets
• Deep understanding of data classification strategies and their uses (DBSHIFT, KMC, EM etc.)
• Facility extracting, mapping and scripting data from various in-house and 3rd party tools
• Strong competency in data analysis tools such asR, SPSS, Pentaho etc.
• Proficient in algorithms and learning models, can run experiments
• Strong competency in SQL, JQL, NoSQL, Python
• Real Time stream analysis (Kx or similar)
• Adept in Machine Learning techniques (Tensorflow, MS ML Suite)
EPIX, an MGM company, is a premium television network delivering a broad line-up of quality original series and documentaries, the latest movie releases and classic film franchises -- all available on TV, on demand, online and across devices. A destination for premium content, EPIX is tripling the amount of original programming on the network beginning in 2018, with a roster of original series including Get Shorty starring Chris O'Dowd and Ray Romano, spy thrillers Berlin Station and Deep State, the return of Mark Burnett's boxing competition series The Contender and late-night comedy docuseries Unprotected Sets, from executive producer Wanda Sykes. In 2019, the network will premiere new series Godfather of Harlem starring Forest Whitaker, Pennyworth, the origin story of Batman's butler Alfred, from DC, and Our Lady, LTD starring Sir Ben Kingsley. Launched in October 2009, EPIX is available nationwide through cable, telco, satellite and emerging digital distribution platforms providing more movies than any other network with thousands of titles available for streaming.
At EPIX, we value creative and innovative thinkers who want to join a team that's working to redefine television. To learn more about career opportunities with EPIX, please visit our website.
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.