Broadcast Traffic Coordinator
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.Burbank, CA
Full Time Job
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. (''MGM'') is seeking a Broadcast Traffic Coordinator to join the MGM HD Domestic Channels team. The Broadcast Traffic Coordinator will be responsible for implementing and managing processes and scheduling, coordinating, and supporting all TV networks, Video, and VOD creation and delivery.
The Traffic Coordinator must be detail-oriented and work well independently. Organization skills are a must in order to succeed in this fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. In addition, the Traffic Coordinator needs to communicate effectively with internal departments, vendors, cross-functional partners and coworkers. The ideal candidate is a highly proactive individual who is willing to take initiative while working both independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
• Coordinate among agencies, marketing, on air promotions, sales, and third party vendors to execute planned broadcast
• Route broadcast assets, VOD and broadcast materials, traffic instructions, logs, etc.
• Develop and maintain delivery, creative, and production timeline
• Schedule and provide due dates on all deliverables to meet production and air dates
• Attend all pre and post production meetings
• Recap all deliverables and status of broadcast operations
• Procure, store, deliver, and return all broadcast and VOD products for production and air date
• Monitor production progress, communicate changes and job status, expedite requirements, and resolve challenges
• Develop and maintain open and filled spot lists for agencies and sales
• Create and generate invoices for agencies, internal A/R department, and sales
• Reconcile advertising in Wide Orbit traffic system
• Maintain and enter broadcast materials into internal MGM programs, excel grids, and wide orbit traffic system
• Maintain communication with trafficking agency to ensure proper commercial rotation and delivery is executed as planned
• Consult with creative, internal departments, and third party vendors regarding resources for editing, screening, production, and air date
• Screen and edit broadcast and VOD production materials to meet BOC guidelines and due dates
• Create and deliver metadata and artwork for VOD and broadcast services
• Conduct status calls with agencies, BOC team, sales teams, on air promotions and third party vendors
• Create media plans for daily broadcast logs
• Prepare daily broadcast logs ensuring proper entry, timing, and placement of all broadcast materials, including programming, commercial, promotions, graphics, marketing, and advertising products
• Alert team members, sales, internal departments, and management of any issues that will inhibit or delay production and broadcast timelines
• Assist internal IS department, third party vendors, and management with system testing and implementations
• Train, assist and provide guidance to fellow team members as needed
• Complete any special projects as assigned by management
• BA/BS degree
• 2-3 years of broadcast traffic experience within an agency preferred
• Understanding of marketing / advertising creative and production processes
• Meticulous attention to detail, organization skills, and accuracy
• Ability to prioritize and work effectively under tight deadlines
• Must have the ability to handle multiple tasks
• Problem-solving skills and ability to work through challenges methodically
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to interact well with multiple departments
• Familiarity working within a workflow management system
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.