Assistant, Human Resources
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.Beverly Hills, CA
Full Time Job
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. (''MGM'') is seeking a Human Resources Assistant to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for the overall department flow and organization, providing administrative support of the day-to-day human resources operations in a fast-paced environment while providing excellent customer service.
• Screen phone calls and direct inquiries to the appropriate person
• Greet and direct visitors, employees, and applicants
• Maintain calendars; schedule meetings
• Assist recruitment team in scheduling interviews, booking conference rooms and sending out interview schedules to internal staff and applicants
• Post jobs on Applicant Tracking System
• Process background checks
• Process employment verifications
• Assist in administering the onboarding and orientation for new employees
• Create, organize and maintain personnel files
• Answer general HR inquiries regarding employee programs and policies
• Perform other clerical duties as needed, such as filing, photocopying, retrieving and routing incoming faxes
• Complete special projects as assigned
• BA/BS degree preferred
• Minimum 2-3 years' previous administrative experience supporting a department or executive and/or maintenance of a front desk (Human Resources training and experience preferred)
• Strong work ethic, organizational skills and attention to detail
• Excellent communication and customer service skills
• Proven ability to utilize discretion and best judgment when handling confidential information
• Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff
• Ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines
• Experience with ATS/ HRIS systems preferred
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.