Accounts Payable Clerk
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.Beverly Hills, CA
Full Time Job
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. ("MGM") is seeking an Accounts Payable ("A/P") Clerk to assist with full cycle accounts payable processing, including vendor management, invoice and expense report processing, and payment processing. The ideal candidate will be able to process a large volume of invoices with high accuracy, be systems-savvy, have excellent communication skills, be a team player, be detail-oriented, be self-motivated, and take initiative to help improve processes, contributing overall to the success and betterment of the A/P department.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
• Process and monitor invoices from receipt, through coding and approval workflows, to payment
• Create new vendor accounts and make changes to existing vendor accounts -- obtain and review required documentation, determine accurate tax and withholding statuses, perform TIN matching and watch-list searches
• Manage and respond to external and internal inquiries on invoice and payment status
• Review vendor account statements, perform reconciliations, and request missing invoices, as needed
• Assist with the audit and approval of employee expense reports, in accordance with the company's T&E policy
• Maintain electronic files and support documentation as required
• Assist in processing weekly payments and rush payments, as needed
• Assist with unclaimed property research
• Assist in providing audit support to internal and external auditors, and to the Tax and Finance teams during quarter-end close
• Perform other duties within the department, as assigned
• Self-motivated and able to work and handle assigned responsibilities independently
• Able to work with a high transaction volume in a fast-paced environment with fluctuating priorities and deadlines
• Able to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering financial information
• Strong attention to detail and highly organized
• Able to provide a high level of customer service internally to support departmental operations
• Forward-thinking, with ability to assess processes and identify opportunities for improvement
• Open to change and looking for growth opportunities, willing to learn new skills or take on new responsibilities
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong computer/technical skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office -- most importantly Outlook and Excel, but also Word and PowerPoint
Education and experience:
• 2 years of experience with high-volume, full cycle A/P invoice processing, and a basic understanding of accounting as it applies to accounts payable
• Experience using cloud-based accounting systems (e.g. Concur, Basware) and large-scale ERPs (e.g. SAP), a plus
• Experience working in a paperless environment, processing invoices using an electronic workflow system, a plus
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.