Method StudiosVancouver, BC
Full Time Job
The roto-animator is responsible for animating a given object or character to footage at a level of detail outline by the department Supervisor. Responsibilities include proper use of studio animation tools and pipeline, maintaining proper spacial formatting as outlined by the layout department and reporting potential issues to the supervisor or leads.
• Imports the tracking/layout data to appropriate application and, using established techniques and tools
• Tracks the characters/objects using approved puppets as directed
• Maintains communication with tracking/layout artists to verify position accuracy
• Manages notes from Supervisor or leads and ensure they are applied
• Once tasks are complete, the animated character/objects will go through QC and published to the studio
• Experience in Maya is essential. Strong animation skills are required.