Pipeline Developer - 2D / Color
Method StudiosVancouver, BC
Full Time Job
Method pipeline developers help shape the evolution of our technologies and workflows to enable productions to work more quickly and efficiently. The 2D Pipeline Developer designs and develops tools for production artists. For this role, we are looking in particular for candidates with a strong technical background in colour science for film. This includes expertise in the following areas:
• Colour / OCIO
• DI processing
• Grading systems such as Baselight, Da Vinci Resolve
• Grading formats, colour spaces, colour cubes and related metadata, such as CDL
• Camera hardware and camera meta data formats
• Monitor and projector calibration
• Nuke and digital compositing
As part of their role, the Pipeline Developer will be actively collaborating with artists and production crew from multiple departments, e.g.:
• Work with the team to design and implement projects supporting the studio's colour and 2D pipeline.
• Meet with department artists to identify and resolve issues.
• Communicate with the Lead Colour Scientist and the 2D Pipeline lead to discuss progress and priorities.
• Attend regular ''stand-up'' meetings with developers for active development projects.
• Get involved in code reviews and process pull requests.
• Provide point-of-contact from show pipeline support about colour pipeline.
• Provide support for Show supervisors and Show TDs as we configure the colour pipeline for shows.
• Computer Science degree or equivalent practical experience.
• 2 years of experience in VFX development.
• 2 years of Python experience.
• Experience with Nuke and other digital content creation software.
• Experience with OCIO, OIIO and other colour management solutions.
• Experience with grade, colour space and colour cube formats.
• Warm, welcoming personality and a passion for film and VFX.
• Experience with grading using BaseLight, DaVinci Resolve, or similar.
• Experience with camera hardware and data formats.
• Experience working directly with production teams.
• Familiarity with other VFX applications (RV, Flame, Avid, Shotgun).
• Knowledge of film and chemical film processing.
• Experience developing in C and shell scripting.