Memphis GrizzliesMemphis, TN
Full Time Job
The Supervisor of Conversions will be responsible for working with Operations Management staff to ensure the facilities conversions and setups are completed accurately and on time.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Maintain storage areas in neat and clean manner;
• Assemble staging as needed for concerts and banquets;
• Map out floor configurations for seating;
• Perform all basketball conversions and setups;
• Install stage drapes and theatrical drapes as required;
• Operate truss control boxes and related equipment for rigging;
• Conversion in the practice court area for banquets;
• Layout chairs and equipment as needed for various events;
• Schedule and supervise the conversions;
• Assist in scheduling part time employees for work schedules;
• Ability to read and interpret event work orders and CAD drawings;
• Ability to make judgment calls as required in order to facilitate conversions and setups;
• Provide leadership to staff to support various events held at the FEDEX FORUM;
• Maintain operating equipment and machinery as required;
• Comply with all OSHA and safety codes as well as applicable building codes as required;
• Assist other depts. as required in order to promote team work and to comply with work schedules
, Experiences, and Abilities
• High School Diploma or GED
• At least two years of relevant experience
• Strong verbal and written communication skills;
• Ability to manage multiple tasks constantly;
• Highly organized with good coordinating and project management skills;
• Able to meet deadlines and work effectively in a high pressure environment;
• Dynamic, hard working, confident;
• Proficiency with MS Word, Excel and Outlook;
• Must be able to work evenings, weekends and holidays, as required
• • Preferred:
• Knowledge and passion of NBA Basketball.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
• How did you hear about this job?
• Are you able to read and interpret event work orders and CAD drawings?