Memphis GrizzliesMemphis, TN
Full Time Job
The Lighting Technician will design and operate theatrical fixtures within FedExForum. The Lighting Technician will report to the Arena Production Manager and will work closely with the Game Presentation Director of the Memphis Grizzlies and the University of Memphis Tigers.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Serve as primary programmer to assist clients in the creation of theatrical scenes by way of utilizing equipment at FedExForum.
• Assist with preventative maintenance tasks throughout the year in order to prolong equipment.
• Assist with the following types of repairs: fans, lamps, cables, etc.
• Serve as backup operator and be on call for live events when applicable.
, Experience & Abilities
• High School Diploma or GED;
• Proven ability to operate and program on GrandMA2 on PC command wing lighting board;
• Minimum of 2yrs experience as a professional lighting technician working in live production environments;
• Minimum of 2yrs experience programming and designing scenes for live events through DMX operated lighting fixtures;
• Demonstrated skill in providing high standards of quality service;
• Skill in establishing strong customer relations and meeting or exceeding customer needs and expectations;
• Ability to lift fixtures and walk on catwalks at great heights;
• Associates degree in a technical or theatrical discipline
• At least 2yrs working knowledge of DMX control lighting consoles;
• Knowledge and passion of theatrical elements to enhance fan experience;
• Field experience with repairs, troubleshooting and diagnostics of a wide variety of theatrical lighting fixtures;
• Training and experience with major lighting manufacturers such as Martin, High End Systems and Chauvet;
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
• How did you hear about this job?