Intern - Team Operations
Memphis GrizzliesMemphis, TN
Part Time Unpaid Internship
The Team Operations Intern will be responsible for a wide variety of tasks and responsibilities essential to the daily operations of the department. This position requires excellent verbal and written communication skills and also must be highly proficient in computer skills. The operations intern will have the ability to work hands-on in a fast-paced sports environment interacting with employees at all levels of the organization and also external contacts.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Provide administrative support including answering telephones and email, records management and receiving and interacting with visitors
• Coordinate scheduling of department reservations and appointments
• Provide transportation and other off-site errands, as needed
• Order and maintain department reference materials
• Update department messaging boards
• Conduct research, assemble and analyze data for reports and documents
• Assist with the organization of departmental events and meetings
• Perform research for handbooks and assist with special projects
• Assist with the preparation of reports, schedules and other written correspondence
• Assist with all travel for the department
• Organize and maintain family lounges during home games, including credentials, catering, and general maintenance
• Assist with updating calendars, meetings and travel schedules for department
• Inventory promotional items and keep them stored neatly in storage room
• Assist in coordinating autograph requests
• Special projects, as assigned by team operations department
• Other duties as assigned
, Experience & Abilities
• Currently in college or recent college graduate
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with all types of people
• Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism
• Must be highly organized and detail-oriented with outstanding time/task management skills
• Strong skills with both Windows and Mac platforms; strong skills in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Photoshop, and Microsoft PowerPoint.
• Must be able to follow directions efficiently
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Must be a team player with a strong customer service focus; strong work ethic
• Work evenings and weekends as needed
• Ability to lift up to 20 lbs with or without assistance
• Candidates must have a car, valid driver's license and valid auto insurance
• How did you hear about this job?
• Why are you interested in this internship?
• Are you currently in college or a recent college graduate?
• Are you able to work nights and weekends as needed?
• What is your current salary?