Memphis GrizzliesMemphis, TN
Full Time Job
The Event Manager is responsible for the complete operation and execution of all events and functions from initial costing to settlement. This position will manage the operational needs and requirements for all events at FedExForum, as well as events in the community. The Event Manager is the primary departmental liaison with all departments for the successful planning of all events at FedExForum.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Provide cost estimates to Event Booking for all assigned events in a timely manner
• Provide CAD drawings for scaling and production on all assigned events in a timely manner
• Serve as liaison between promoter, production and facility on all assigned events
• Serve as liaison to all contractors and departments as needed for assigned events
• Provide staffing levels for all contractors and departments needed for assigned event
• Provide supervision of Event Coordinator in day to day activities including events they are assigned;
• Develop and maintain event budget reports including payroll, event invoicing, expense logs, time logs, damage reports, etc.;
• Provide documentation and ensure correct billing from contractors for the settlement of all assigned events in a timely manner.
• Participate in event planning meetings for other departments as required
• Develop and create event documents to communicate with all departments regarding operational needs and ensure that all requirements of the technical rider are met for all assigned events;
• Work with all departments to coordinate master schedule and work orders;
• Manage execution of outside service contracts for applicable areas relating to events including Production Labor Services, Peer Security, First Aid, Parking,
• Negotiate supplier and vendor contracts as required;
• Develop and maintain post event summary and correspondence as required for all events;
• Assist in the process and tracking of the operations budget including the reconciliation of invoices, report processing and recommendations ;
• Serve as a resource to other departments on events outside of facility
• Assist as required at team events;
• Conduct building tours;
• Other duties as assigned
, Experience & Abilities
• Bachelor's degree from a four year college or university in Facility Management or Sports Administration;
• At least three years of experience in the management of large scale functions or events, concerts, family shows, NBA basketball games, and NCAA games;
• Proven ability to develop, organize and communicate event documents for the staging of large scale public events;
• Effective communicator in a high pressure, fast paced work environment. Proven decision maker in pressure situations;
• Skill and ability to organize, plan and prioritize daily workloads; proven ability to meet stringent deadlines through multi-tasking, and ability to work effectively in high pressure situations;
• Ability to work as a team player and support a team environment;
• Demonstrated skill in providing high standards of quality service;
• Skill in establishing strong customer relations and meeting or exceeding customer needs and expectations;
• Must be able to work evenings and weekends, as required;
• Proficiency with MS Word, Excel and the creation of financial documents
• Proficiency in AutoCAD Suite;
• Knowledge and passion of NBA Basketball;
• How did you hear about this job?
• Why are you interested in this opportunity?
• How many years of relevant experience do you possess?
• What is your highest level of education completed?
• What is your current salary?
• What are your salary requirements?