Arena Production Manager
Memphis GrizzliesMemphis, TN
Full Time Job
The Arena Production Manager is responsible for the programming, operation and maintenance of the arena scoreboards, video boards and scoring system. The Production Manager will also oversee and assist in the installation and operation of courtside technology for basketball events as well as special event technology requirements for all other events and manage the maintenance and operation of the arena bowl audio systems and theatrical lighting systems.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Manage all aspects of FedExForum video / LED boards, including the programming, maintenance and operation of the Daktronics integrated system;
• Manage the installation and operation of the basketball courtside setup; including the NBA Stats/IDS system, radio and television broadcasting requirements and scoring control system;
• Work with in-house Broadcast Department to coordinate the development of graphics and elements for use on the video / LED board system;
• Manage the operation and maintenance of the arena audio systems; includes the arena bowl and satellite audio systems;
• Maintain a preventive maintenance schedule for all systems managed;
• Manage and coordinate event requirements for phone, data and internet access;
• Responsible for processing orders and coordinate the billing for technology services used by events;
• Assist in the development and management of the Arena Operations, IT and Capital Improvement Project budgets as requested;
• Responsible for working with other Arena Operations personnel with regards to event planning and scheduling;
• Scheduling of an Audio Operator for games and events; includes managing and supervising part time staff during events;
• Review timesheets, work schedules and wage computation for accuracy;
• Assist with day-to-day issues and support requests as needed;
• Assist Broadcast with internal utilities needs as required;
• Involved in the planning and implementation of special events and promotional activities requiring services;
• Other duties as assigned;
, Experience & Abilities
• Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Five years of experience with large scale events or arena operations
• Extensive knowledge of Audio / Video / Scoreboard systems, with experience in the maintenance and operation of Daktronics systems preferred
• Thorough knowledge of the NBA Technical requirements
• Excellent people skills, with an ability to interact effectively and in a professional, diplomatic and mature manner with internal and external clients at all levels within an organization
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, and exceptional inter-personal skills
• Must be able to work evenings, weekends and holidays, as required
• Ability to manage multiple activities during a single event and under time constraints
• Must have a passion for basketball and the fast-paced world of special events
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
• How did you hear about this job?
• Why are you interested in this position?
• How many years of experience do you possess?
• What are your salary requirements?