Marvel EntertainmentNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Marvel New Media is seeking a Producer, who will be integral to the operation and growth of production in our creative space, as well in the field, and at live events. This New York-based role will be part of a production team that is tasked with the creation of audio & video content, from promotional material to original entertainment, distributed on all key Marvel and social media platforms.
• Generate ideas for new stories, content and formats to engage our audience
• Set up shoots in the field, at conventions/events, and in our New York office; overseeing budgeting, pre-production logistics and post-production editing and workflow
• Serve as shooter in the field or in the creative space as needed
• Identify and implement emerging technologies for visual storytelling
• Collaborate with the Development team on production initiatives
• Work with a collaborative Social team to optimize existing content for distribution
• Supervise productions that are done in our creative space
• Generate, track and report on production schedules and budgets for assigned projects and events
• Maintain relationships with other Marvel lines of business
• Minimum of 5 years experience in video content production, including producing, directing and shooting. Entertainment, news and short-form/digital experience a plus.
• Proficiency in the use of broadcast equipment and technology, including but not limited to, cameras, lighting, and audio devices
• Proficiency in Adobe Premiere and Photoshop. After Effects knowledge is a plus
• Must be able to work individually, as well as, in a team environment
• Willingness to take initiative, manage simultaneous projects and to follow through on all work
• Experience in running productions on location
Bachelor's degree (TV/Film/Journalism or related field) or equivalent work experience
About Marvel Entertainment:
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world's most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Marvel Digital Media Group LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Marvel Entertainment.
Marvel Digital Media Group LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.