New Media Analyst, Financial Planning, Strategy & Analysis
Marvel EntertainmentNew York, NY
Full Time Job
We have an opening for a key role on our team, New Media Analyst, Financial Planning, Strategy & Analysis. This is position spans the conventional FP&A function and a strategic planning position. This role will work very closely with the head of FP&A, the SVP and GM of Marvel New Media as well as with Marvel's CFO and President.
This role is responsible for company-wide budgeting, quarterly and annual earnings and cash flow forecasting, long-term planning, monitoring and assessment of segment/business unit operating performance, assessing the financial impact of key business decisions and alternatives, and various special projects aimed at improving the financial performance of the company.
The Strategic element of the position will, in addition to the above, help identify, analyze and execute new strategic plans, partnerships and other opportunities to grow Marvel New Media while driving incremental revenue and profit opportunities to existing lines of business.
The group is also charged with developing presentations to senior management of Marvel and The Walt Disney Company regarding Marvel New Media's performance.
• Prepare forecasts, Annual Operating Plans and Five Year Plans
• Identify and evaluate digital and new business initiatives across multiple media segments
• Conduct market research to analyze trends and competitive environment - including identification of barriers to entry, strategies for entry, competitive overviews, potential strategic alliances.
• Work with research, finance, other internal teams and 3rd party data vendors to perform business analysis to support the evaluation of projects and opportunities.
• Create financial/operating models where applicable to support business case for contemplated strategies, business ideas and M&A opportunities.
Lead preparation of well-argued and structure presentations to senior management.
• Assist in research, deal sourcing, financial assessment/screening, and in negotiation of partnerships and M&A opportunities to execute New Media's growth strategy.
• Support SVP/GM and other operating executives in existing lines of businesses with analysis, business planning and business development to ensure continued growth, profitability and success.
• Prepare valuation analyses and develop forecast models
• Liaise with product, content and sales teams to develop financial and strategic plans
• Present budgets and financial results to senior leadership across multiple lines of business
• Analysis of monthly performance updates, financial modeling (new creations and improvements), historical financial data maintenance and valuation
• Create and monitor KPIs
• Strong modeling skills in Excel required
• 5 years of progressive experience in financial planning, strategic planning, and/or corporate finance
• Strong business point of view as well as analytic chops
• Comfort making strategic business cases for their analytical POV
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Must possess a proven ability to build relationships
• Must demonstrate a strong business and financial acumen.
• Qualified candidates must be inquisitive and solve problems creatively
• Must be able to interact with all levels of management and be an excellent team player
• Organizational skills and attention to detail are critical
• Must be able to demonstrate the ability to deal with shifting priorities on multiple assignments
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Products (Excel, PowerPoint)
- Background in the digital media and entertainment industry is a plus
- Banking or consulting background a plus
- General knowledge of accounting principles a plus
- Bachelor's degree required (Preferably in Finance or equivalent)
- MBA a plus
About Marvel Entertainment:
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world's most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Marvel Entertainment, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Marvel Entertainment.
Marvel Entertainment, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.