Manager Insight and Analysis
Marvel EntertainmentNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Marvel is seeking an experienced hands-on analytics professional to fulfill a crucial role in our digital media group. This role will support internal stakeholders providing actionable insights for key business initiatives as well as automating reports that are generated based on any findings. The position will be based in Marvel's New York headquarters.
This position requires a well-rounded individual with the ability to query data via SQL and navigate various 3rd party data sources and tools. The individual will be responsible for visualization and report automation. Experience publishing reports using visualization and presentation tools is also important.
• Interact with stakeholders to identify critical questions that need to be answered in order to provide effective KPI's that lead to actionable insights rather than just reports
• Conduct analysis to draw insights that drive critical decision making and to uncover patterns in content consumption, purchases and behavior of Marvel fans
• Analyze data to identify outliers, missing, incomplete, and/or invalid data
• Ensure accuracy of all data by creating automated quality checks on both the data and final deliverable
• Assist in the coordination of data collection from various sources which may include contacting various 3rd parties to resolve questions, inconsistencies, and/or obtain missing data
• Assist in the development of analytic tools, KPIs, dashboards, and systems to help build out the BI platform
• Work as a client contact for analytics, partnering with various departments to identify priority dashboards and reports to better serve key business objectives.
• Design and build dashboards and automated reports
• 3 years of related Data Analytics experience
• Proven track record of identifying and highlighting key insights, signals, and trends deep within the underlying data
• Ability to write code to query and transform both unstructured and structured data
• Experience publishing reports using visualization and presentation tools
• Self-motivated, attentive to detail, and driven to continuously improve analytics skill set
• SQL, Web Analytics tools and Excel
• Ability to succeed in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
• Exceptional organizational and multitasking skills
• Strong relationship-builder, outstanding verbal and written communication skills
• Experience in Omniture
• Experience in Business Intelligence tools such as Tableau
• Bachelor degree in Mathematics, Statistics, or related quantitative discipline
About Marvel Entertainment:
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world's most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Marvel Digital Media Group LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Marvel Entertainment.
Marvel Digital Media Group LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.