Manager, Business Development & Product Strategy
Marvel EntertainmentGlendale, CA
Full Time Job
Are you a core gamer? Do you love Marvel? Have you always felt an inexplicable calling to work in the gaming industry? Can you combine Tony Stark's constant drive to push the envelope with Bruce Banner's analytical thinking and Steve Roger's leadership skills? If so, we have the perfect role for you…
We are Marvel Games – home of the team that creates incredible games by partnering with the best companies on Earth. We are looking for one (1) extremely passionate, smart, driven and well-organized professional to join our energetic, fast-paced team.
• Drive business development efforts for our extremely successful live-games portfolio, with top-grossing mobile titles such as Marvel Contest of Champions and Marvel Future Fight
• Collaborate with our world-leading development partners and other internal teams at Marvel to help bring AAA console titles to market, such as Marvel's Spider-Man and The Avengers Project
• Work with our legal and brand teams to prepare, review and help execute contracts or amendments to assist overall business development efforts.
• Compile and analyze KPI data that Marvel Games receives from various partners, prepare monthly reports for executives, creative and production teams
• Perform smart analyses on strategic objectives, use market comps to build sales trend analyses using NPD and App Annie data
• Work with finance teams to prepare annual operating plans and financial forecasts
• Come up with your own projects to drive growth for the Marvel Games business
5-6 years of work experience working in top-tier consulting, banking or TMT industries
• PREFERRED: Previous game industry experience, either in Business Development, Marketing or Product Management roles.
• Relentlessly Driven: You are your own worst critic, you're never content with average results, you always push yourself to perform better and hold your peers to the same criteria.
• Intellectual Curiosity: You thirst for knowledge, always ask questions, challenge every assumption, and never take anything for granted.
• Super Diligence: You pride yourself on being on top of everything and catching what others miss: could be a typo in a contract, an error in Excel, or a glitch in the database.
• Superb Communicator: You can work with people from other disciplines and learn to speak their language - whether it's our world-class partners or internal finance and production teams
• Gaming Acolyte: You have an insatiable love and hunger for video games and want to devote yourself to this unique, ever-growing industry.
• Data Master: You are extremely hypothesis-driven and love working with numbers, whether it's analyzing game metrics, financials or market data. Excel is your best friend.
• Reporting Champ: You absolutely never provide information for its own sake. Instead, you relay the most pertinent facts in a crisp, insightful and actionable manner.
• Bachelor's degree in economics, finance, management or similar field
• PREFERRED: MBA from a top-tier business school
You will need to send:
• Your Resume
• A Cover Letter (700-word limit) which should include answers to following questions:
• What matters to you most and why?
• What is your biggest pet peeve or annoyance?
• Which accomplishment are you most proud of so far?
• Why are you interested in working at Marvel Games?
• Where do you see your career going in the next 10 years?
• What's your Game-Of-The-Year in 2017 and Why?
• Lastly: if you can be any Marvel Super Hero or Villain, which one would you choose?
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world's most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Marvel Brands, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Marvel.
Marvel Brands, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.