Editor, New Media
Marvel EntertainmentNew York, NY
Full Time Job
• Write, edit and deploy website content (news articles, character content, media related content).
• Work closely with the Managing Editor and the editorial team on long-term and short-term content planning in the form of editorial calendars and content plans.
• Oversee content sections of Marvel.com from a high level, managing sections to ensure content meets the company's quality, promotional and marketing goals.
• Participate in brainstorms for content ideas with editorial and video production teams.
• Develop and collaborate in content planning and recording of weekly audio and video production for video and podcasts.
• Intimate knowledge of the Marvel brand, its characters, and its history.
• Knowledge and expertise in web based publishing and content creation tools.
• Experience with audio and video based content and comfortable with being 'on-air' talent in both audio and video
• Experience in working with a distributed team in multiple locations, as well as working with remote freelancers.
• Ability to multi-task and work on a number of projects at once.
A degree in Communications, Marketing or English is preferred.