Director of Sales
Marvel EntertainmentNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Partnerships team at Marvel connects the world's leading brands to a global audience through the most compelling content, experiences, and products. At the core, we are epic storytellers who touch the human spirit. When you combine our DNA of 8,000 diverse & relatable characters in a connected universe with an evolving digital-first ecosystem, you have a powerful platform for personal, meaningful, and immediate fan engagement.
Your knowledge of online media combined with your communication skills and analytical abilities will help drive new and existing business. Using your influencing and relationship-building skills, you provide client service, research and market analysis. You anticipate how decisions are made, persistently explore and uncover the business needs of Marvel's key clients. Working with them, you set the vision and the strategy for engaging millions of fans in new and innovative ways.
• The role will be expected to drive significant digital sales growth as well as work in a player/coach role helping to develop and nurture a growing sales staff.
• Develop high-level relationships and serve as a trusted consultant with major brands to evolve and grow their media & content goals
• Work collaboratively with a team to drive business growth with existing and new global partners
• Understand and adapt to Marvel's ongoing content, product, and technology developments
• Manage multiple cross-product opportunities and projects across verticals
• Innovate creative approaches to drive Marvel's revenue growth
• Build and scale key strategic accounts & brand partnerships
• Work with management to accurately forecast revenue from both media and custom programs
• Utilize analysis/data and apply it strategically to promotional planning, budgeting, and development.
• 8 years work experience in digital sales or marketing
• Experience managing and closing complex sales cycles
• Ability to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines, work quickly in a fast-paced environment while keeping a keen attention to detail
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong computer skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Keynote, etc.)
• Ability to independently build, maintain, and grow key brand partners
• Willing to travel
• Experience working across functions in a large organization
• Proven ability to meet or exceed quotas
• Prior experience with a large entertainment company
• Knowledge of traditional, digital, social marketing tactics and strategies
• Demonstrate a successful track record in closing complex, and custom advertising sales with advertisers and key stakeholders.
• BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience (minimum)
This position is with Marvel Partnerships, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Marvel Entertainment.
Marvel Partnerships, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
About Marvel Entertainment:
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world's most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.