Director of Insights
Marvel EntertainmentNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Director of Insights will play a leading role in defining and executing Marvel's data and analytics strategy, driving actions that deliver bottom line results. Within that, s/he will collaborate with key stakeholders across lines of business within Marvel, as well as working closely with Disney colleagues to align with and synthesize data specific to the Marvel brand. The Director will build a forward-looking vision to drive our advanced analytic capabilities and strategy in order to enhance the quality of our content creation while also advancing business priorities and boosting the effectiveness of our sales teams.
Managing a team, the Director of Insights will report into the Head of New Media Content and Platforms. In this capacity, s/he will work closely across various content groups to not only define strategy but be able to express key insights across stakeholders.
• Serve as the lead information architect across all Marvel Entertainment lines of business, supporting and building strategies based on data driven insights
• Work closely with Disney colleagues to align with and synthesize consumer information specific to Marvel brand and share with key stakeholders
• Lead discussion around and look into insights about Marvel consumers and our content. The team helps Marvel model and strategize around content, loyalty programs, product and partnerships.
• Establish and track KPIs for the marketplace and create systems to ensure we track progress.
• Produce insights that inform business priorities for servicing creators.
• Build frameworks and tools to evaluate new potential services for creators and rights holders.
• Manage and evolve our capabilities enabling a holistic, data-driven view of our client relationships in order to drive strategic decision-making, encompassing capital / liquidity usage, profitability and returns, opportunity, and other key client metrics
• Work with Technology partners to streamline access to client data and analytics via relevant platforms
• Oversee a team to manage the above; attract, develop and retain industry-leading analytical and audience development talent
• 5 to 7 years of experience in analytical roles
• 3 to5 years Managerial experience
• Strong leadership, collaboration and communication skills
• Prior experience with media and entertainment based metrics/KPIs
• Insight in industry trends, best practices and strategies
• Expert knowledge of Adobe Analytics/Omniture, comScore, Social Media platforms (Facebook/Instagram Insights, Twitter), YouTube Analytics and other video measurement platforms
• Strong Microsoft Office suite experience, focused on Excel and Powerpoint (or equivalent software)
• Superb writer and a storytelling communicator with the ability to translate data for a wide variety of audiences, both tactical and strategic. Must be able to tell the story of the business using data visualization and other representations.
• Bachelor's Degree in business required and/or Master's Degree in Business
This position is with Marvel Digital Media Group LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Marvel Entertainment.
Marvel Digital Media Group LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
About Marvel Entertainment:
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world's most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.