Summer Intern - Marketing
LucasfilmSan Francisco, CA
Full Time Unpaid Internship
The Lucasfilm Franchise Marketing department currently has an exciting opportunity for an undergraduate student or recent graduate to work as an intern this summer supporting the legendary Lucasfilm franchises. The intern would gain first-hand knowledge of what it takes to successfully communicate and promote upcoming movie releases and our overall public relations strategy – both externally and internally.
The Franchise Marketing team at Lucasfilm is responsible for maintaining the Star Wars Franchise as a 365 d/y brand. Made of up of a team of experienced marketers, we are responsible for developing the overall brand strategy, planning and execution behind the Star Wars franchise.
The Marketing Intern will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
• Help coordinate events and toolkits for upcoming conventions, such as Comic-Con, Star Wars Celebration, etc.
• Become acquainted with Lucasfilm's location and history to help with tours for outside guests and VIPs
• Assist with presentation prep on PowerPoint & Keynote
• Asset requests and management
• Organize and maintain storage/swag rooms and inventory list
• Coordinate meeting scheduling-Reserve in-house theater and dining rooms, etc.
• Make copies and additional tasks when needed
• Prize coordination and fulfillment
• Manage franchise calendar updates
• Shipping and management of office supplies
• Special marketing project - tbc
• Strong Communication Skills: Comfortable and professional communicating via phone and email
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Apple Keynote and database management
• Inquisitive, anxious to learn and does not shy away from ''grunt work''
• Strong time management skills; Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
• Proven ability to work autonomously and in team settings with a positive, pro-active attitude
• Fully available between May - August to work for 12 weeks during standard business hours, as well as flexibility to work evening/weekend events as required
• Ability to provide own housing and transportation in the San Francisco, CA area
• Interest in film/entertainment industry
• Social media savvy
• Keeps up with entertainment news
Candidates must be currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Communications, Public Relations, Media, Marketing or related degree or recently graduated within the past 6 months
• Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) to participate in the internship program OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
• Must possess unrestricted work authorization
• Must provide full work availability
• Must provide own housing and transportation to/from work. Position is located in San Francisco, CA
• Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
• Unrestricted work authorization.
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Lucasfilm Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.