Senior Production Engineer
Full Time Job
Industrial Light & Magic's team of artists and engineers continue to contribute hugely to the Star Wars franchise films and other spectacular high profile movies, using ILM's world renowned and multiple award winning VFX technology.
The Production Engineering team implements and maintains services and tools empowering the back-end of ILM's feature film visual effects pipeline. The Production Engineering teams underpin a pipeline that utilises a wealth of in-house and industry standard software, such as Maya, Nuke and Houdini, to manage complex data sets with heavy computational requirements across multiple global locations. We are hiring for a senior production engineer to have a major influence in the development and improvement of these services.
Required Skills / Competencies:
• A clear and concise communicator: ability to keep end users informed of progress and managers informed of requests
• An effective time manager: must be able to prioritize a multitude of requests and not be afraid to ask for help if the path isn't clear Passionate about delivering rigorous follow-through on assigned tasks
• An agile, flexible and quick thinker: this is an energetic, dynamic environment requiring an ability to adapt to rapidly changing requirements
• A creative thinker and innovator: able to devise and employ ingenious solutions to difficult problems
• In-depth knowledge of Python programming and the Linux environment.
• Experience working with revision control systems and defined coding standards.
• Experience developing tools and/or plugins
• Experience developing with C
• Experience with database technologies such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB or Redis Experience writing RESTful APIs.
• Experience developing against and/or deploying Amazon Web Services
• Knowledge of the standard python packaging and installation tool-chain VFX, Feature Animation or Episodic production experience
• Experience with Maya, Katana and Nuke Experience with Renderman, vray or Arnold Experience developing on Windows
Bachelor's degree in Computing Science or Graphics discipline, or equivalent professional experience in the CGI/Vfx industry.
Lucasfilm is a global leader in film, television and digital entertainment production. In addition to its motion-picture and television production, the company's activities include visual effects, audio post-production and cutting-edge digital animation, interactive entertainment software, and the management of the global merchandising activities for its entertainment properties including the legendary STAR WARS and INDIANA JONES franchises. Lucasfilm Ltd. is headquartered in northern California.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ILM (Vancouver), Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Lucasfilm.