Production Financial Analyst / Accountant
LucasfilmSan Francisco, CA
Full Time Job
Are you someone who likes to understand financials and the business from the bottom up? Do you enjoy a mix of structure and variety in your day? The Lucasfilm Production Financial Analyst/Accountant role provides an interesting combination of detailed accounting and production finance responsibilities. You would be responsible for processing production and voice talent payroll and invoices while also participating in the production budgeting and accounting processes. This individual will support our Senior Manager, Animation Finance and Senior Production Accountant on a daily basis and will be in constant communication with our Lucasfilm Animation Production team to address their dynamic needs.
If you enjoy working closely with finance professionals and production department heads to ensure the accuracy of our project tracking and budget reporting, you've come to the right place! We are looking for a detailed, analytical problem solver who enjoys juggling multiple responsibilities to join our team.
Detail oriented, analytical, and problem solving are key words for the Production Financial Analyst/Accountant. On any given day, you might:
• Process Animation production Payroll and Purchase Orders (PO). Train production staff regarding Payroll and PO completion and system. Track and reconcile against actual costs for all productions.
• Process and track all voice talent payments. Track against contractual obligations for all productions. Generate residuals report while coordinating with Post Production and Distribution.
• Enter and upload invoices into SAP; review invoices for appropriate coding and approval; obtain invoice approvals as required.
• Assist Production Accountants with ad-hoc analysis, special projects and EFC reports using TM1 and Excel.
• Assist Production Accountants in forecasting, preparing season and theatrical budgets and estimated final cost.
• Review weekly detail reports for accuracy and make reclassifications as required. Review other special reports, as needed.
• Organize and maintain electronic records, start forms, time cards, AP and vendor tracking reports.
• Coordinate with Entertainment Partners & Casting Manager with voice talent related issues.
• Verify Production Payroll via Time Tracking to ensure payroll is coded properly with regards to Overtime and Vacation.
• Respond in a timely manner to all vendor and client inquiries and requests.
• Maintain vendor files and correspondence history.
• Perform other accounting and clerical duties as assigned.
• Perform special projects and ad-hoc analyses as needed.
Here are the skills and experience you need to be successful in this role:
• 2 to 3 years' experience in a broad accounting or finance role.
• Detail orientation with strong analytical skills with an exceptional ability to look at the bigger picture and identify connections or trends.
• Ability to multi-task and make quick, smart decisions on how to prioritize competing needs.
• A self-motivated problem-solver with a strong desire to contribute to the team and Company's success.
• Demonstrated ability to work seamlessly within a strong team in a fast-paced, unpredictable, ambiguous environment.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Maturity to appropriately handle confidential information.
• Experience with major ERP accounting systems (SAP, Oracle, etc.).
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel; experience with TM1 a plus.
• Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, or related field.
Lucasfilm is a global leader in film, television and digital entertainment production. In addition to its motion-picture and television production, the company's activities include visual effects, audio post-production and cutting-edge digital animation, interactive entertainment software, and the management of the global merchandising activities for its entertainment properties including the legendary STAR WARS and INDIANA JONES franchises. Lucasfilm Ltd. is headquartered in northern California.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Animation Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Lucasfilm.
Lucasfilm Animation Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.