Manager, Learning & Development
LucasfilmSan Francisco, CA
Full Time Job
Are you someone who is looking to... shape the employee experience; help business leaders reach their goals; foster a culture of growth and development?
Lucasfilm is looking for an experienced manager, facilitator and instructional designer with a strong learning background to elevate and drive our learning and development programs. Reporting to the Director of Talent Development, the Learning and Development Manager will play a key role in fostering our culture of learning by designing programs and materials that support the development of our global talent base.
Resourcefulness, Versatility, Flexibility, Global are key words for the Learning & Development Manager. On any given day you might:
• Partner with global HR Business Partners and senior leaders to vet learning needs and deliver comprehensive learning strategies
• Design and deliver leadership programs and resources ranging from online learning materials to in-person sessions
• Enhance and facilitate proprietary learning programs, leveraging internal resources as well as what is available from our partners at The Walt Disney Company
• Support key projects within Lucasfilm's overall approach to talent management, including facilitating talent planning and performance review processes
• Assess individual, team and organizational learning needs, and develop impactful and scalable learning opportunities
• Apply data driven approach to continuously improve learning and development offerings
• Ensure materials are up to date and relevant to ensure a seamless experience for learners
• Oversee the department coordinator in utilizing the LMS
Here are the skills and experience you need to be successful in this role:
• 7 years developing and leading training efforts with direct experience in program facilitation, instructional design and consulting
• Demonstrated ability to build trusted relationships across diverse range of stakeholders
• Deep knowledge of relevant content areas, including the fields of management/leadership, organizational development, and adult learning theory
• Strong facilitation and program delivery skills
• Thrive in a fast-paced production environment with a passion for solving problems while being resourceful
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent organizational capabilities
• Coaching certification a plus
• Insights Discovery certification a plus
• Ability to travel up to 25% to support training needs at both US and global locations (Singapore, London, and Vancouver).
Lucasfilm is a global leader in film, television and digital entertainment production. In addition to its motion-picture and television production, the company's activities include visual effects, audio post-production and cutting-edge digital animation, interactive entertainment software, and the management of the global merchandising activities for its entertainment properties including the legendary STAR WARS and INDIANA JONES franchises. Lucasfilm Ltd. is headquartered in northern California.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Lucasfilm.
Lucasfilm Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.