Junior Creative Executive, Franchise Story & Content
LucasfilmSan Francisco, CA
Full Time Job
Reporting to the Creative Executive, Franchise Story & Content, the Jr. Creative Executive, Franchise Story & Content will be responsible for helping the team maintain adherence to creative direction and narrative continuity across the Star Wars franchise.
• Responsible for writing story notes, performing development research, and reading/reviewing material for multiple projects in development, across multiple platforms.
• Provide creative feedback related to story in all areas of the business with heavy emphasis on publishing and video games.
• Participate in creative meetings with internal partners, licensees, and creative talent including writers and filmmakers.
• Manage, update, and maintain internal fictional timeline and other reference documentation for current and future projects.
• Liaison with all divisions and departments at Lucasfilm, with pronounced interaction with Lucasfilm/Disney Publishing and Lucasfilm/Disney Interactive teams.
• Assist in conceiving and developing new creative projects in house.
• 2 years in story development within publishing, game development, or other interactive platforms.
• Deep knowledge and expertise within the Star Wars universe.
• Ability to work collaboratively with all levels of management and with diverse personalities and work styles.
• Exceptional communication skills (written and verbal).
• Capable of working independently and as part of a team.
• Ability to establish priorities and multi-task efficiently within a high pressure environment while meeting strict deadlines.
• Demonstrable flexibility, professionalism, and finesse when handling the multiple and diverse demands of a creative environment.
• Effective collaborator with creative contributors.
• Bachelor's Degree in film, English, creative writing, theatre, communications or related field.
Lucasfilm is a global leader in film, television and digital entertainment production. In addition to its motion-picture and television production, the company's activities include visual effects, audio post-production and cutting-edge digital animation, interactive entertainment software, and the management of the global merchandising activities for its entertainment properties including the legendary STAR WARS and INDIANA JONES franchises. Lucasfilm Ltd. is headquartered in northern California.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Lucasfilm.
Lucasfilm Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.