LucasfilmSan Francisco, CA
Full Time Job
The HR Specialist is responsible for human resource administration with a heavy emphasis on global mobility and immigration needs in support of Lucasfilm. This position will be the liaison between Lucasfilm and the Global Mobility team. This role will include, but is not limited to global mobility, immigration, relocation, leave of absence, SAP coordination, report generation, orientations and local HR special programs. This role will also perform other HR Generalist and related work as assigned.
• Global Mobility/Immigration/Relocation
• Will be the primary point of contact to production, management, global mobility and immigration teams for business trips, short term assignments, long term assignments, and relocation.
• Serve as a case manager and guide employees, leaders, managers, and HR Business Partners on processes and timelines related to global mobility, immigration and relocation.
• Prepare and maintain Mobility Case Summary sheet to track all travel and report out to team on weekly Global Mobility call.
• Liaison between foreign nationals, Disney Global Mobility, HRBPs, Recruiters and Attorneys to obtain/maintain work authorization.
• Partner with internal/external stakeholders and outside legal counsel for document processing on nonimmigrant visas and work permits, PERM applications, immigrant visas, and assist with preparing responses to RFE for visas and other tasks needed to support immigration program.
• Administer US permanent resident/green card processing activities such as job descriptions, postings, project synopsis, educating managers and employees on the process as needed.
• Re-verify I-9 status upon receipt of visa renewals
• Provide guidance on relocation package recommendations and help facilitate requests for exceptions to standard packages as well as confirm finance coding on the relocation assistance request form submitted by Recruiting.
• Coordinate relocation of new employees with Disney Global Mobility.
• Leave of Absence
• Provide information about Leave of Absence policies to employees.
• Work closely with Global HR Operations LOA team to track all leave of absence requests in compliance with local and federal law.
• Maintain LOA Tracker with Pre-Leave and On-Leave cases.
• Work closely with Employee Relations on employee requests for work accommodations.
• HR Administration
• Serve as a key resource for employees and managers for issue resolution.
• Track escalated issues and follow-up with Studio Administration for resolution while maintaining effective communication with stakeholders.
• Generate ad hoc reports as requested.
• Perform regular audits of data to ensure accuracy and completion.
• HR Special Programs
• Coordinate Lucasfilm-specific benefit programs, such as onsite banking, wellness events, onsite childcare, flu shots, special discount programs, etc.
• Assist Disney Benefits with onsite events such as Wellness Fair, biometric screenings, educational campaigns, commuter assistance.
• New Hire Orientation
• Facilitate NHO and Disney Hub training as part of a rotating schedule
• Review NHO orientation for content updates as needed.
Skills / Competencies:
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to collaborate at all levels within the studio and organization to meet objectives in a timely manner
• Strong attention to detail and able to keep accurate, orderly files and records
• Drives for results / excellent follow-through
• Strong project management experience
• Presentation skills / poise
• Must maintain a high level of confidentiality and use discretion in handling sensitive issues
• Ability to work well independently and with a team
• Fluent in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
• SAP experience a plus
• Experience with G Suite a plus
Education / Experience:
• B.A. in HR-related field or Relevant Experience
• 2-4 years' experience in HR coordination role with strong global mobility/immigration experience
• Experience working in a fast paced production environment a plus
Lucasfilm is a global leader in film, television and digital entertainment production. In addition to its motion-picture and television production, the company's activities include visual effects, audio post-production and cutting-edge digital animation, interactive entertainment software, and the management of the global merchandising activities for its entertainment properties including the legendary STAR WARS and INDIANA JONES franchises. Lucasfilm Ltd. is headquartered in northern California.