Full Stack Python Developer
LucasfilmSan Francisco, CA
Full Time Job
Lucasfilm is looking for a Full Stack Python Developer to join a motivated and flexible group of Python and Web developers. The developers in Information Systems build robust work-flow driven applications that allow other departments to efficiently create movies, TV shows and games. We're looking for humble experts to join a team of well-rounded developers that thrive in an informal environment, one in which managers are there to support the process and fill in the gaps so that developers are free to do their jobs.
You'd be joining a seasoned group that collaborates on the software that enables our films to come to life.
Each day as a Full Stack Python Developer is different! On any one day you might:
• Create new software;
• Support the software;
• Participate in code reviews with fellow developers;
• Drill down to resolve issues or errors across various platforms;
• Brainstorm ways to make existing software even better;
• Meet with internal clients in person or via video for feedback and reflection;
• Join the crew at an industry event or screening of new movie; and
• Test software from home (you have the flexibility to do this on occasion)!
Please apply if you have:
• 5 years experience developing software products;
• Mastered Python (2.6 and 3.3 );
• Linux and Database/SQL down to a tee;
• Natural curiosity - you enjoy digging deeper to find the big picture;
• Humility - you're able to contribute to the team, ego aside;
• Enthusiasm about helping others, especially team members;
• A background in web development focused on user experience or visual design;
• Always been the person who takes on any project; and
• Flexibility in dynamic environments.
You have a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent substitute.
It would also be nice if you are familiar with:
• Web frameworks: Flask/bottle, Django, Tornado/Cyclone, Pylons/Pyramid;
• Web servers: Nginx, Apache, uWSGI;
• Data stores/tools: Oracle, PostgreSQL, SQLAlchemy, Redis, MongoDB, Solr;
• Tools: Virtualenv, Buildout, py.test, Ansible, Selenium;
• Async: Twisted, asyncio; and
• Virtualization: AWS, VMWare, VirtualBox, Docker.
Lucasfilm is a global leader in film, television and digital entertainment production. In addition to its motion-picture and television production, the company's activities include visual effects, audio post-production and cutting-edge digital animation, interactive entertainment software, and the management of the global merchandising activities for its entertainment properties including the legendary STAR WARS and INDIANA JONES franchises. Lucasfilm Ltd. is headquartered in northern California.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Lucasfilm.
Lucasfilm Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.