Franchise Content & Strategy Coordinator
LucasfilmSan Francisco, CA
Full Time Job
Are you interested in joining an exciting and fast-paced team responsible for a significant creative workload for Lucasfilm? Do you have excellent administrative skills, project coordination experience, and a knack for implementing team process & systems development, while providing excellent customer service support? The Franchise Content & Strategy Coordinator is an integral member of the team helping to keep processes running smoothly and managing workload appropriately. Reporting to the Director, Franchise Content & Strategy, this role also provides wider support for other members of the team.
Highly Organized, Team Player, and Excellent Communicator are keywords for the Franchise Content & Strategy Coordinator. On any given day, you might:
• Support the senior members of the team, currently 5 people, by managing their calendars, scheduling meetings, screening and prioritizing all incoming phone calls, meeting requests, mail and any formal communication, arranging travel, and coordinating other key events.
• Arrange, coordinate, and confirm all travel on behalf of the senior team members. Ensure that all schedules are distributed, appropriate parties are kept up to date, and that all arrangements are within policy and make the most efficient use of organization funds.
• Manage and track expense reports and receipts; reconcile corporate credit card accounts regularly.
• Keep the team moving by tracking all submissions for review in our task-management system. Ensure timely and relevant feedback is provided on each submission by following-up with teammates in a timely manner.
• Be on the lookout for, and suggest, new and interesting ways for the team to improve its efficiencies given the heavy workload and creative review process.
• Develop relationships with key members of other groups that submit content for our team's review so that a rapport is established. Facilitate conversations if there are questions on submissions or to set expectations regarding feedback response times.
• Manage record-keeping and circulation of documentation created by the team. Ensure that there is a clear system through which materials are labeled and filed in ways that can be easily found in the future.
• Attend meetings to takes notes as needed.
• Meet and greet guests, order all catering for meetings, and arrange all offsite lunches and dinner meetings.
• Work with fellow team members to learn to provide creative feedback and input where needed across various storytelling platforms.
• Work with the Development Coordinator to build decks and track relevant information as needed.
• Take on special projects as they arise.
Skills and experience you need to be successful in this role:
• 3 years' experience in a fast-paced corporate or production environment. Executive Assistant experience a plus.
• Demonstrated professionalism and ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
• Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
• Able to communicate with all levels of executives, management and staff, including high-level entertainment industry talent, agents, and vendors, with diverse personalities and work styles.
• Excellent organizational and follow-through skills. Ability to manage time and prioritize in a fast-paced, multi-project environment.
• Ability to shift priorities quickly in response to changing circumstances, remaining flexible, calm, and focused while multi-tasking at a very fast pace.
• Strong note-taking skills are a necessity.
• Ability to work independently and take ownership of special projects.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to effectively and efficiently communicate with all levels of executive, management, staff, and talent.
• Demonstrated ability to partner with others and build relationships; team player.
• Must be proficient with the following software: MS Word, Excel, GSuite (especially Gmail and Google Calendar) Powerpoint, and Keynote.
• Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks with a high level of detail and accuracy.
• Demonstrated ability to partner with others and build relationships.
• Must work well under pressure.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
Lucasfilm is a global leader in film, television and digital entertainment production. In addition to its motion-picture and television production, the company's activities include visual effects, audio post-production and cutting-edge digital animation, interactive entertainment software, and the management of the global merchandising activities for its entertainment properties including the legendary STAR WARS and INDIANA JONES franchises. Lucasfilm Ltd. is headquartered in northern California.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Lucasfilm.
Lucasfilm Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.