Intern - Corporate Sponsorship
Los Angeles SparksLos Angeles, CA
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Job Description: This is an opportunity to work in the fast-paced world of WNBA game presentation with the Los Angeles Sparks. Interns will work directly with the Manager Corporate Sponsorships. This Internship is from December, 2018 - October, 2019.
Key Program Benefits:
• Career Related hands on experience with a Championship Professional Sports Team
• An inside look at the corporate sponsorships of the LA Sparks WNBA team
• Opportunity to explore different avenues of the sports industry through access to various departments.
• This is a fun, fast-paced internship that will add real work experience to your resume as well as your coursework.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Research companies and people to create prospect profile
• Assist with customer service aspects of sponsor events and activities
• Works with other departments to facilitate the servicing of sponsor accounts
• Attend all Sparks home games
• Sort, track, and respond to department mail
• General office duties including, placing/returning phone calls, filing, sorting, and typing letters/reports
• Other related duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Knowledge of computer software including: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
• Basic knowledge of photoshop and Adobe creative cloud programs
• Dedicated, Trustworthy, Hardworking, Friendly, Positive attitude, Team player
• Proficient at researching people, events, and companies on the Internet
• Use of general office equipment: copy and fax machines
• Working knowledge of what's going on in women's basketball and the sports industry in general
• To qualify for this internship one MUST be enrolled in a college class/program for credit
• Some use of personal vehicle
• Job includes some night and weekend hours
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
• How did you hear about this job?
• I am currently enrolled in college courses. Yes/No
• I will receive college credit for this internship. Yes/No
• I have local housing available in or near Los Angeles.