Customer Service Specialist
Los Angeles LakersEl Segundo, CA
Full Time Job
Job Title: Customer Service Specialist
Department: Ticket Sales & Customer Service
Reports to: Director, Service & Retention
Departmental Goal: Retain and grow existing STM accounts by providing excellent customer service and a premium customer experience.
Position Summary: The Customer Service Specialist is responsible for creating one-to-one, long-lasting relationships with season ticket members (STM) through emails, phone calls and personal contact, while tracking touch points in CRM. This position is focused on retention, and provides world class customer service. It assists the Director, Service and Retention with the development of customized communications, events, programs and benefits for Lakers and South Bay Lakers season ticket members.
Key metrics used to evaluate performance:
• Account/client satisfaction survey (Fan Experience Survey)
• Account renewal rates
• Event evaluations
• Feedback from other Customer Service Specialists
Essential Functions (Duties & Responsibilities**):
• CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT
o Manage ~600-700 STM accounts, anticipating and resolving all season ticket member complaints, requests, and inquiries to drive high renewal rates and individual client upsells with a passion for customer care
o Create a constant communication loop with all STM accounts to ensure they have all information related to membership (including upcoming events, payments, special promotions)
§ Develop a strategic client engagement strategy tailored to account needs including but not limited to face-to-face visits, out of office meetings, presentations, phone calls, hand written notes, emails, and premium client experiences on special occasions
o Find opportunities to go above & beyond for select STM special occasions (e.g. anniversaries, birthdays) to drive loyalty
o Send out invitations and collect RSVPs for all game-time experiences (e.g. half-time reception, tunnel experience)
o Track all account activity in Salesforce (CRM)
o Assist in selection & distribution of all STM gifts (renewal and holiday)
§ Process payments for STMs
§ Troubleshoot all ticketing problems
§ Assist with packaging, shipping and tracking of ticket packages
• EVENT MANAGEMENT
o Plan and execute at least one season ticket event to drive loyalty (including budget, venue negotiations, logistics, catering, invite/RSVP list, player/Laker girls appearance, & follow-up)
o Help other Customer Service Specialists with their loyalty events
• GAME DAY
o Represent the Lakers brand as a VIP host at all games (including in-seat visits)
o Ensure all Customer Service duties are completed each game (including catering for half-time reception, messages on message board, back-up copies of ticket orders , will-call lists, gifts for STMs)
o Assist in the box office, customer service booth, and/or with game-day experiences (e.g. half-time reception, tunnel experience)
o Create blocked seat list for each game (a spreadsheet of tickets that cannot be honored due to lost property report)
o Host season ticket member table at South Bay Lakers home games
o Assist Ticket Operations during South Bay Lakers home games (ticket scanning, box office)
o Grow individual client portfolios though additional seat purchases (6 seat max.), seat upgrades, and parking
o Liaise with Group Sales Account Executive for any larger groups
o Participate in ''Select a Seat'' sales event– Host prospective STMs to Staples Center and sell open season seats
o Develop and lead special projects that help to retain clients (e.g. kids club, social media content, contests, etc.)
**Responsibilities subject to change based on organizational needs and direction from management.
(Required/ Preferred): Bachelor's degree (required)
Previous experience: A minimum of two (2) years customer service experience (required). Hospitality and event experience preferred.
• Microsoft Office (including Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint & Windows)
• Ticketmaster Archtics, AEG AXS, and other related ticketing platforms
• Salesforce (or related CRM platform)
Knowledge, skills, abilities:
• LANGUAGE SKILLS: Superior ability to read, analyze, and interpret written and verbal instructions and reports. Superior ability to generate engaging correspondence. Ability to effectively and professionally present information and respond to questions from supervisors, clients, customers and general public. Must be able to handle and remain calm in high pressure situations.
• CLIENT RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT: Proven ability to develop long-lasting relationships and provide outstanding, individualized customer service.
• PROJECT MANAGEMENT: Excellent ability to multi-task, prioritize, juggle multiple projects, and meet deadlines.
• MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Knowledge to apply mathematical operations and reasoning to tasks such as analyzing costs, evaluating data, budgetary needs and managing account financials.
• PROBLEM SOLVING REQUIREMENTS: Employee must make independent decisions and exercise independent judgement and discretion. Critical thinking and rational decision making is important to the success of this role.
Physical Demands: Must be able to lift a min of 50lbs. and walk significant distances in arena on game days
Location: El Segundo (offices M-F), downtown Los Angeles (Staples Center for Lakers home games), and other occasional off-site events
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
• How did you hear about this job?