Sr. Account Executive, Group Sales
Los Angeles ClippersLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
The Agua Caliente Clippers of Ontario is an American professional basketball team of the NBA G League that began play for the 2017–18 season. The franchise is owned by and affiliated with the LA Clippers of the National Basketball Association (NBA). The team is based in Ontario, California.
Our Account Executives, Group Sales are sports industry professionals focused on building relationships with patrons of the Agua Caliente Clippers, the LA Clippers' NBA G League team located in Ontario, CA. To succeed in this role, you should have extensive knowledge of selling Group seating, VIP Group Seating and VIP Hospitality/Suites. You will drive revenue via phone contact, email marketing, face to face presentations, in-arena tours and out-of-office appointments.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Generate new business through B2B hospitality sales.
• Grow revenue and handle specific group sales categories.
• Meet or exceed weekly, monthly, and yearly sales goals.
• Build and foster relationships with past, current, and potential new clients.
• Attend games to assist with client and fan entertainment.
• Network and build relationships in Ontario, CA and the surrounding region.
• Make sales calls mainly via phone and email to area organizations and follow up as necessary.
• Proactively create opportunities for new group business with existing customers.
• Set appointments in and out of the office and give Arena tours with the intent to close business.
• Maintain accurate records of all customers and prospects in our CRM and ticketing systems.
• Provide excellent customer service and care to all customers and prospects.
• Execute group contracts and deliver tickets to group customers.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university is preferred.
• 2 years' experience of successfully selling groups.
• Polished presentation skills.
• Ability to work all home games including evenings, weekends, holidays as required.
• Archtics Ticket software experience is preferred.
• Demonstrated dedication with the ability to lead projects from origin through execution.
• Willingness to learn and should be able to flourish in a fast-growing, dynamic environment.
• Effective interpersonal skills, both oral and written.
• Self-starter and entrepreneurial spirit with hands-on approach towards business.
The LA Clippers are an equal opportunity employer. It is the Clipper's desire and intent that all employees enjoy a professional business working environment that is free from discrimination and harassment.