Los Angeles ClippersLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
The LA Clippers are seeking a highly-motivated, high-energy and talented individual to assist and support Chuck The Condor, our mascot, on game days and during appearances. Mascot Assistant should have a flexible schedule and be available nights, weekends and holidays as they will be needed to work games, promotional appearances, and last-minute events, if needed.
To be successful in this role, you should be comfortable dancing and performing in a crowd and using your outgoing and dynamic personality to be the voice of Chuck The Condor, literally! Mascot Assistant speaks for Chuck during in-game visits and at appearances. This individual is
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist the mascot during all home games and mascot appearances
• Set up and break down all mascot equipment on game day
• Speak to guests and fans for Chuck during in-game visits and appearances
• Use creative thinking and an eye for business to grow the mascot brand and program
• Serve as an escort for the mascot character at all team functions and/or games
• Follow all rules and policies of the Clippers of the mascot program
Characteristics / Qualifications
• Forwarding thinking with creative instincts
• Game presentation or performance experience preferred
• Dance, performance or acting training highly preferred
• High school diploma or equivalent GED degree. College graduate preferred.
• Have reliable transportation to and from the office, appearances, and games.
• Good interpersonal skills, especially with children.
• Good with spontaneous crowd-interaction.
• Must be reliable and punctual.
• Ability to receive feedback from numerous sources and implement into performance.
• Ability to handle the extreme physical stress of live entertainment.
• Demonstrated dedication with the ability to lead projects from origin through execution.
• Willingness to learn and should be able to flourish in a high growth, dynamic environment.
• Effective communication skills, both oral and written.
• Self-starter and entrepreneurial spirit with hands-on approach towards business.
Equal Opportunity Statement
The LA Clippers are an equal opportunity employer. It is the Clipper's desire and intent that all employees enjoy a professional business working environment that is free from discrimination and harassment.
• How did you hear about this job?