Manager, Youth Basketball
Los Angeles ClippersLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
The Jr. Clippers program has grown to over 100,000 participants since its start at Normandie Recreation Center 18 years ago - making it one of the largest youth programs in the NBA. Through the program we hope to inspire and encourage children to stay active and experience the thrill of basketball and the LA Clippers.
As Manager, Youth Basketball you will implement, administer and evaluate all youth basketball programs and initiatives, including the Jr. Clippers' Basketball program and Clippers Youth Hoops Basketball Camps. As part of your role, you will execute partnership activation strategy and drive revenue generation through camps, clinics, and group ticket sales. Manager will be expected to collaborate with community and corporate partners to activate targeted strategies for increased youth engagement, and to work closely with multiple internal departments to support brand and platform integration.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Lead the development and implementation of youth basketball programs and special events.
• Develop relationships with youth basketball influencers and leagues to grow youth basketball programming.
• Responsible for driving revenue through youth basketball programming.
• Identify growth opportunities for Jr. Clippers' program with youth organizations and city departments locally and regionally.
• Handle program budget, event logistics, league sales and camp registration.
• Lead all youth basketball program staffing including hiring and development of supervisors, directors and coaches.
• Develop and implement strategic plan to grow the number of camp opportunities and camper registrations.
• Develop and execute strategic plan for Jr. Clipper's tournaments locally and regionally.
• Maintain the highest standards for safety, camp experience and the quality of coaches and instruction.
• Ensure programs and camps are conducted in compliance with relevant legislation, policies, and procedures.
• Develop strategy and planning in collaboration with our digital team for the implementation and content development of the youth basketball digital hub.
• Develop and run youth basketball ambassador program.
• Performs other duties as required.
Characteristics / Qualifications
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience focused on youth sports and/or sales and marketing.
• Three or more years of basketball administration, public relations, event management or sales/marketing experience.
• Experience running youth sports camps preferred.
• High proficiency in a variety of technology, including but not limited to: Microsoft Office and social media platforms
• Customer service and/or sales experience preferred.
• Staff supervision experience preferred.
• Demonstrated dedication with the ability to oversee projects from origin through execution.
• Willingness to learn and should be able to flourish in a high growth, dynamic environment.
• Effective communication skills, both oral and written.
• Self-starter and entrepreneurial spirit with hands-on approach towards business.,
Equal Opportunity Statement
The LA Clippers are an equal opportunity employer. It is the Clipper's desire and intent that all employees enjoy a professional business working environment that is free from discrimination and harassment.s
• How did you hear about this job?