LA Clippers Team Mascot
Los Angeles ClippersLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
We are committed to building the LA Clippers into a hard-charging and fiercely competitive sports organization and business entity. Our front office's focus centers on Steve's vision, which is comprised of the following 6 objectives:
1. Win NBA Championships
2. Build Our Brand / Generate Profit
3. Make Staples Center Our Home Arena
4. Become A Beloved Community Partner
5. Drive Innovation
6. Work Every Day to Transform the LA Clippers Into A World-Class And Globally-Recognized Sports Organization.
Do you have experience performing as a mascot?
Do you possess excellent nonverbal communication skills?
Are you creative and hilarious?
If so, we are looking for you!
The LA Clippers are seeking a highly motivated, energetic and talented individual to become Mascot. As Mascot, you will perform at all home games and team appearances. Team Mascot will be responsible for ensuring that all elements of the mascot program are in order and fully utilized, including: game presentation performances and general administration.
In this role you will conceptualize and create new skits, and will expected to contribute other innovative ideas to improve the game presentation and mascot brand. You should continually keep up with current entertainment industry trends and have basic knowledge and aspirations of working in video production.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Perform as mascot at all LA Clippers preseason, regular season, and playoff home games
• Develop, create and execute new performances and skits to generate excitement and engagement inside the arena.
• Spontaneous crowd interaction during games and at events.
• Performance at select LA Clippers season ticket holder, sponsor and community events/programs, sponsor appearances as well as other ''community events'' as deemed meaningful to the organization (200-300 appearances/year).
• Responsible for maintaining the mascot costume, wardrobe, props, etc.
• Work extended and/or irregular hours, including nights, weekends and holidays.
• Coordinate mascot appearance schedule.
• Actively generate revenue for the mascot program, which includes, but not limited to, merchandise sales of mascot identified merchandise, new appearance opportunities, sponsorship opportunities and new character-branding initiatives for mascot programs.
• Report all budget-related items for acquisition and maintenance of all props and/or uniforms.
• Attend weekly creative meetings with marketing and game presentation staff.
• High school diploma or equivalent GED degree. College graduate preferred.
• Minimum 2 or more years' experience as a mascot at the collegiate, minor or professional league level.
• Have reliable transportation to and from the office, appearances, and games.
• Choreography and/or skit writing experience.
• Good interpersonal skills, especially with children.
• Sales and marketing experience, character-branding experience and is capable of generating revenue through promotional appearances.
• Good with spontaneous crowd-interaction.
• Ability to dance (professional dance training a plus).
• Athletic (ability to dunk is a plus).
• Acting experience a plus.
• Performer training a plus.
• Music and video editing a plus.
• Must be reliable and punctual.
• Strong nonverbal communication skills.
• Organization skills.
• Ability to receive feedback from numerous sources and implement into performance.
• Takes direction well and works with team to discuss, plan, and conceptualize new ideas.
• Ability to handle the extreme physical stress of mascot performance.
• Demonstrated dedication with the ability to oversee projects from origin through execution.
• Willingness to learn and should be able to flourish in a high growth, dynamic environment.
• Effective communication skills, both oral and written.
• Self-starter and entrepreneurial spirit with hands-on approach towards business.
Physical Demand and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing duties of job, the employee will be constantly in costume, move about the arena and during events to interact and entertain clients/fans. Work in excessive heat or cold under stressful physical conditions. The duties of this position are performed indoors and outdoors. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud to during events and minimal during non-events.
Invitation Only. Individual must be available to participate in audition to be held during June 2018 in Los Angeles, so please hold that time frame now. Applicable travel expenses will be reimbursed for the auditions. The final candidates will be required to submit to a background check through an independent resource.
Submissions must include resume with references and performance video no longer than 3 minutes in length. Video reels are mandatory with application submission. You may send video links. A cover letter is a plus.
Equal Opportunity Statement
The LA Clippers are an equal opportunity employer. It is the Clipper's desire and intent that all employees enjoy a professional business working environment that is free from discrimination and harassment.
• How did you hear about this job?
LA Clippers Mascot
Attn: Daniel Casados
E-mailed submissions only. Submissions must include resume with references and performance video no longer than 3 minutes in length. Video reels are mandatory with application submission. You may send video links. A cover letter is a plus. Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Website: Apply At Employer's Site Apply Online