Director Of Group Sales
Los Angeles ClippersLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
We are committed to building the LA Clippers into a hard-changing and fiercely competitive sports organization and business entity. Our front office's focus centers on Steve Ballmer's vision, which is comprised of the following objectives:
1. Win NBA Championships
2. Build Our Brand / Generate Profit
3. Make STAPLES Center Our Home Arena
4. Become A Beloved Community Partner
5. Drive Innovation
6. Work Every Day to Transform the LA Clippers Into A World-Class And Globally-Recognized Sports Organization.
The LA Clippers are looking for a Director of Group Sales that effectively finds opportunities and implements programs to enhance and grow the group events sales and service function. In this role, you will lead the efforts of a team of group events specialists in creating memorable events for group sales patrons as well as meet and exceed annual revenue goals in this category. Working alongside the Vice President of Sales & Service, you will strategize new programming and processes for the team in aspiration of the team's sales targets.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop overall group sales outreach plan, lead sales process, payments, and event fulfillment.
• Build or procure training materials on group projects for sales team as needed.
• Assist in creation of new group programs and events that increase sales opportunities and overall group tickets/revenue.
• Effectively manage team lead generation & assignment as well as sales funnel production.
• Share, contribute and learn from NBA best practice calls, conferences, and discussions.
• Participate and contribute in Ticket Sales Department Leadership team meetings and strategy.
• Accompany sales staff on high-level group prospect meetings.
• Produce daily reports and updates on key performance indicators for staff and management.
• Actively participates in Team Member sales skills training and development opportunities.
• Respond in a timely manner to calls, inquiries and emails related to the above areas of responsibility and to general information requests as needed.
• Other duties as required.
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in business administration, communications, marketing or similar field.
• 5 years of tickets sales and/or service management experience.
• Expertise in Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, etc.), financial data and modeling (Excel), CRM (KORE, MS Dynamics).
• Proven dedication with the ability to lead projects from origin through successful execution.
• Willingness to learn and should be able to flourish in a fast-growing, dynamic environment.
• Effective interpersonal skills, both oral and written.
• A consistent track record in relationship building and networking skills with ability to interact effectively and professionally.
• Entrepreneurial spirit with hands-on approach towards business.
Equal Opportunity Statement
The LA Clippers are an equal opportunity employer. It is the Clipper's desire and intent that all employees enjoy a professional business working environment that is free from discrimination and harassment.
• How did you hear about this job?