Director Of Business Insights
Los Angeles ClippersLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
We are committed to building the LA Clippers into a hard-changing and fiercely competitive sports organization and business entity. Our front office's focus centers on Steve Ballmer's vision, which is comprised of the following objectives:
1. Win NBA Championships
2. Build Our Brand / Generate Profit
3. Make Staples Center Our Home Arena
4. Become A Beloved Community Partner
5. Drive Innovation
6. Work Every Day to Transform the LA Clippers Into A World-Class And Globally-Recognized Sports Organization.
The LA Clippers are looking for a Director of Business Insights that will be a thought leader, harnessing the power of data, applying analytics, and using technology to drive improved decision-making across all key business functions. The Business Analytics department's charge is to focus on the highest priority initiatives, representing the greatest impact to overall operations of the organization. This will include creating actionable insights and understanding, through the analysis of both quantitative and qualitative data. You should have sufficient work experience working in a dynamic, data-driven business strategy environment, with strong abilities to work both independently & as a team member.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Work closely with the Ticket Operations and Sales and Service team on different initiatives and business projects, including pricing and inventory management.
• Lead the input and integrity of ticketing data into Microsoft Dynamics CRM, as well as leading sales flow efficiency.
• Using available data, develop game by game predictive models to forecast ticket and revenue outcomes.
• Analyze primary and secondary market trends to improve revenue through strategic pricing.
• Build lead scoring and predictive retention modeling processes to improve sales rep efficiency.
• Working with senior leadership, build annual ticket revenue reporting models.
• Assess available structured and unstructured commercial data sources to identify untapped opportunities; upgrade data collection and harnessing tools and techniques.
• Monitor data science trends, emerging tools and technologies for future improvements.
• Other duties as required.
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in finance, economics, math, statistics or similar quantitative field
• 5 years of business strategy & analytics experience, with sports or entertainment industry experience preferred
• Ability to build, implement and run business processes
• Expertise in complex modeling and analytical methodologies
• Expertise in Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, etc.), financial data and modeling (Excel), statistical software (SPSS, SAS, Stata, etc.), CRM (Salesforce, MS Dynamics), visualization tools (Tableau); SQL experience is a plus
• Knowledge and experience using Business Intelligence and reporting software, Tableau preferred.
Equal Opportunity Statement
The LA Clippers are an equal opportunity employer. It is the Clipper's desire and intent that all employees enjoy a professional business working environment that is free from discrimination and harassment.
• How did you hear about this job?