Intern - Angels Baseball, Operations Quantitative Analysis
Los Angeles AngelsAnaheim, CA
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Angels Baseball-2019 Baseball Operations Quantitative Analysis (Analytics) Internship
Quantitative Analysis Internship
The Los Angeles Angels are seeking Quantitative Analysis interns for the 2019 season. Applicants can come from any discipline or background as long as you have the curiosity, open-mindedness, and perseverance to solve difficult problems. Start and end dates are flexible, and we will consider applicants who are available for only the summer of 2019.
As a Quantitative Analysis Intern, you will help craft the path of our Baseball Operations department. You will process, analyze, and interpret complex data, working side-by-side with our analysts to develop and answer pertinent research questions. Your research will help us create new metrics, models, and tools to be used across all facets of Baseball Operations. You will also be given the tools and resources to learn, grow, and develop. Our goal is to not only find interns who can help us in 2019, but to find people who can become long-term members of the department.
Examples of things you will do during the internship:
• Build models to analyze a variety of baseball data sources
• Carry out research projects and manage the integration of their outputs into proprietary tools and applications
• Provide input in the design and storage of baseball data
• Ad-hoc research in support of general Baseball Operations tasks
You should have:
• Experience conducting quantitative research
• Ability to convey complex findings to a broad audience
• Excellent writing and analytical skills
• Experience with statistical software (e.g. Python, R)
In addition to handling the essential functions of your internship, we desire counter-intuitive thinkers who will take initiative and explore new research opportunities. Previous interns have developed ideas that have changed the way the organization approaches important challenges and we hope you will bring the same mindset with you.
Please note that we do not offer relocation assistance. Preference is given to candidates who are able to meet our availability needs (flexible hours, evenings, weekends and holidays).
Instructions to Apply:
Your online application MUST include an attached resume and answer the question at the end of the application.
Angels Baseball is an equal opportunity employer. The Angels truly believe that diversity contributes to a more enriched collective perspective and a better decision-making process.
• How did you hear about this job?
• Please provide us with an example of a research problem you have attempted to solve and a brief description (<200 words) of how you approached this problem.
• Please provide us with a link to a file that demonstrates your experience with statistical computing along with an explanation of what the file contains: