Intern - Angels Baseball, Graphic Design
Los Angeles AngelsAnaheim, CA
Part Time Unpaid Internship
The Graphic Design intern is paid hourly in the program and will work 20-29 regular business hours per week during their internship. The intern is expected to commit to this schedule from January 7, 2019 to August 16, 2019. Listed below is a brief description of the internship:
The Graphic Design Intern will be responsible for supporting and assisting in the production of print and digital graphics for Angels Baseball and Angels Radio AM830 marketing initiatives and brand campaigns. Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite is required.
• Assist full-time Graphic Designers with production of print and digital graphics.
• Prepare images to use in print and digital graphics. This includes but is not limited to:
• Cutting out key art using Adobe Photoshop
• Preparing vector graphics in Adobe Illustrator
• Preparing files all marketing platforms
• Re-sizing images and assisting with layouts for digital ads and social media
• Assist with graphic updates, edits, and templates
• Identify photos for Marketing and Sales support
• Other projects as assigned by Graphic Designers and Marketing department
• The ideal candidate will have or be working on (junior level or above) a college degree with an emphasis in Graphic Design.
• Related experience of 1-2 years working in an in-house design department or agency is preferred, but not required.
• Advanced knowledge of the following is required: MacOSX, Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator. Knowledge of Adobe In Design, Adobe After Effects and Adobe Premiere is a plus.
• Must have outstanding time management, organizational skills, and excellent communication skills
• Ability to give and receive feedback
• The qualified candidate will also have the ability to successfully interact with all levels of personnel from senior executives to entry level employees.
• Possess a strong work ethic and a positive attitude
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLY:
Your online application MUST include an attached resume (not to exceed one page) and a cover letter (also not to exceed one page). In your cover letter, please address the following questions: 1) Why are you interested in this internship? 2) What are your career goals and how do you feel this internship will help you in reaching those goals? 3) What unique skills or experience do you have that sets you apart from other candidates? Deadline to apply is 11:59 pm EDT Friday, October 19, 2018. Failure to apply by the posted deadline and/or include the requested information may result in disqualification from being considered as a candidate for the program. Please note that we do not offer relocation assistance. Preference is given to candidates who are able to meet our availability needs (flexible hours, some late evenings, weekends, and holidays.) Intern positions are subject to satisfactory completion of background check. Failure to complete all required application materials or follow the instructions may result in your disqualification.
**Portfolios and samples of work are mandatory. A skills test will be given to assess graphic designer skills.**
Angels Baseball is an equal opportunity employer.
• How did you hear about this job?
• Please include a link to your portfolio here: