Intern - Angels Baseball Baseball Operations
Los Angeles AngelsAnaheim, CA
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Baseball Operations Internship
The Los Angeles Angels are seeking Baseball Operations interns for the 2019 season. We have internships available in both Anaheim and Arizona. Applicants can come from any discipline or background, as long as you have the curiosity, open-mindedness, and perseverance to take on difficult problems.
As a Baseball Operations Intern, you will be fully immersed in our department, and given the opportunity/resources to learn, grow, and develop over the course of the season. Our goal is to find people with the necessary skills and traits to become long-term members of the department.
Examples of things you will do during the internship:
• Create, organize, and distribute Major League advance scouting reports to our coaching staff
• Assist with preparation for the 2019 MLB Draft
• Develop visualizations and other mechanisms to communicate information to Baseball Operations personnel
• Perform player evaluations, combining statistics, video, and other data sources
• Work with coaches, players, and front office staff to improve player development
• Assist with special projects as assigned
You should have:
• Creativity, strong attention to detail, and a growth mindset
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to work as part of a team on complex projects
• Willingness to both teach others and learn new techniques
• Availability to work nights, weekends, and holidays when necessary
In addition to handling the essential functions of your internship, we desire counter-intuitive thinkers who will take initiative and explore new research opportunities. Previous interns have developed ideas that have changed the way the organization approaches important challenges and we hope you will bring the same mindset with you.
Please note that we do not offer relocation assistance. Preference is given to candidates who are able to meet our availability needs (flexible hours, evenings, weekends and holidays).
Instructions to Apply:
Your online application MUST include an attached resume and answer the question at the end of the application.
Angels Baseball is an equal opportunity employer. The Angels truly believe that diversity contributes to a more enriched collective perspective and a better decision-making process.
• How did you hear about this job?
• Please provide a baseball-related question that you'd like to answer as an intern, and the steps you would take in doing so. Responses should range from 250 words to 500 words