Maya Sr. Modeler/CG Team Lead
Local HeroSanta Monica, CA
Local Hero is a Final Color/DI and VFX house based in Santa Monica, CA and we are looking for a strong senior Maya modeler to lead our CG team through several large-scale projects. You must be available to work in our Santa Monica studio - no remote work possible.
This will start as a freelance job with a huge potential for longer-term work.
- Oversee and create quality 3D Models, Textures/Shading, Lighting and Animations in a photo-realistic environment
- Working with VFX Supervisor and post-production team in scheduling and delegating tasks to a team of Maya artists
- Assist in recruitment/selection of artists to ensure the CG team is equipped with the artists and skills needed for certain projects
- Supervise the CG elements from concept to finish and monitor all elements created by CG Team
- Creation and supervision of animated shots, from Previs all the way to final completion.
- Creation of animated and static CG elements to be composited into live-action shots.
- Collaborate with VFX Supervisor and Composting Lead to ensure the artistic style, quality, and design all match client expectations
- 5+ years industry experience in film, television and/or game/VR development
- 2+ years experience as Lead modeler, Team lead or CG supervisor
- Proficiency with Maya
- Proven ability across multiple CG disciplines: modeling, texturing, lighting, shading/look development, rigging and animation
- Strong communication & management skills and the ability to lead a team through a face-paced, deadline driven pipeline
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and multiple projects, recognize the needs of each project and assign tasks to appropriate artists
- Ability to problem-solve and come up with creative solutions while maintaining productivity
- Ability to receive notes/creative criticism and make changes in a timely and efficient manner
- Strong attention to detail and a creative eye
- Experience in multi-pass rendering for compositing
- Experience with various render engines and rendering pipelines
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Mari, Houdini, Substance Painter
- Management experience in a face-paced, deadline-driven VFX pipeline
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online