Local HeroSanta Monica, CA
Local Hero is a VFX (and post) house based in Santa Monica, CA and we are looking for several junior- to mid-level Maya generalists for a couple of large-scale film/television projects over the next 2 months. You must be available to work in our Santa Monica studio - NO REMOTE WORK POSSIBLE.
This is a freelance, project-hire job with potential for longer-term work.
- Asset creation: modeling, texturing, shader development, lighting and 3D animation in a photo-realistic environment.
- Experience with model organic assets.
- Creation of animated shots, from Previs all the way to final completion.
- Rendering final elements in Arnold and/or V Ray for a photo-realistic finish.
- Creation of animated and static CG elements to be composited into live-action shots.
- Working with VFX Supervisor, CG Team Lead and fellow artists to achieve finished shots with a fast turnaround and tight deadlines.
- 2+ years industry experience in film, television and/or game/VR development.
- Proficiency with Maya
- Proven ability across multiple CG disciplines: modeling, texturing, lighting, shading/look development, rigging and animation
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in a team
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to problem-solve and come up with creative solutions while maintaining productivity
- Ability to receive notes/creative criticism and make changes in a timely and efficient manner
- Strong attention to detail and a creative eye
- Experience in multi-pass rendering for compositing
- Experience with Arnold / V Ray / Red Shift and various render engines
- Rigging experience/capabilities a huge plus
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Mari, Houdini, Substance Painter
- Experience in a fast-paced VFX pipeline
Rate roughly $30 - $40, DOE
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online