Temporary Seasonal Company Manager
Lincoln Center for the Performing ArtsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Temporary Seasonal Company Manager (Mostly Mozart Festival)
Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts (LCPA) serves three primary roles: it is the world's leading presenter of superb artistic programming, is a national leader in arts education and community relations, and functions as the manager of the Lincoln Center campus. LCPA presents over 350 performances annually throughout our different performance series.
In addition, LCPA supports an array of programs for Lincoln Center Education including its community and family programming. Further, LCPA supports initiatives related to events at the David Rubenstein Atrium, LC Kids, as well as numerous key institutional initiatives and projects.
Lincoln Center's Programming Department is the producer of Great Performers, the White Light Festival, American Songbook, and the Mostly Mozart Festival. Presenting in various performance spaces on Lincoln Center's campus and throughout NYC, the Programming Department oversees all aspects of these performance series and festivals - from the artistic vision to the production of the concerts, including related educational activities.
The Temporary Seasonal Company Manager for the Mostly Mozart Festival will work directly with the Producer and Director, Contemporary Programming. The Temporary Seasonal Company Manager is responsible for scheduling and facilitating communication for performances, rehearsals and other events related to the production.
• Arrange and negotiate all transportation needs, hotels/housing and per diems for artists and production staff.
• Address general needs for artists and production staff, monitoring rehearsals and performances
• Serve as liaison between directors, conductors, musicians, choreographers, dancers, singers, performers and other creative personnel and the Programming department.
• Manage, maintain and distribute the Master Schedule to production staff, artists, assistants and Lincoln Center staff.
• Manage the hiring of assistant/runners for dance rehearsals, as well as their schedules and payroll.
• Manage and negotiate the rental of additional rehearsal spaces, including finalizing and negotiating contracts, processing payments and general maintenance of the rehearsal space.
• Manage instrument and equipment rentals as requested by the artists for rehearsals and performances.
• Arrange artist hospitality according to the contracted needs of the different riders of the artists.
• Assist with budget management, making decisions that have a direct impact on the production, related to housing, hospitality and transportation.
• Process check requests for artists and other processing of payments.
• Serve as the main point of contact for visiting artists and production staff during performance and rehearsal times.
• Organize meet & greets for visiting artists and staff.
• Excellent organizational and prioritization skills, with meticulous attention to detail
• Strong written/oral communication skills
• Ability to multi-task and work with great accuracy under pressure
• Excellent customer service and hospitality instincts
• Must be able to work independently and as part of a team
• Strong PC computer skills in Microsoft Office; Arts Vision or similar database experience a plus.
• Interest in the performing arts and/or classical music knowledge is desirable
• Bachelor's degree in arts-related program or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Able to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends to support programming needs.
Monday, June 11, 2018 - Friday, August 17, 2018.
Job Code: Temporary Seasonal Company Manager (Mostly Mozart Festival)
Please submit a resume and cover letter (with salary requirements and outlining your interest in Lincoln Center) to the provided email address. Submissions without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Please list: Temporary Seasonal Company Manager (Mostly Mozart Festival) in the subject line.
Internal Candidates should contact a member of the Human Resources Department directly.
Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. LCPA is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation. Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online