TV News Reporter
Liberman Media Inc.Burbank, CA
Full Time Job
We are LBI Media, Inc., the largest privately-held, minority-owned Spanish-language broadcaster in the United States which owns TV and radio stations operating in several top Hispanic markets, and is the parent company of the Estrella TV Network, and the fastest growing television networks in the U.S. We are looking for talented and passionate people who want to grow with us.
The successful candidate will be an enterprising newshound who is also a strong writer. Candidates should have experience in generating their own stories and delivering the news with engaging on-camera presence. Must have a solid understanding of issues affecting the local Hispanic market.
• Cover news stories as assigned and report the facts on newscasts, recorded programs and during live broadcasts, either in studio or on location.
• Present information on air both in the Los Angeles and other Estrella TV markets in a manner that connects with the audience.
• Collaborate with producers, and associate producers to generate interesting show topics that engage the interests of our viewers.
• Participate in information gathering, writing scripts, and lead ins.
• Edit or supervise the editing of video used in news stories and programs.
• Promote the Network, and the Company in community, network and station events and activities as requested by the Company.
• Conduct Studio, on air and/or telephone interviews with guest and viewers.
• Excellent written, verbal, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Knowledge of and comfortable discussing current news events.
• Ability to multi-task and work in a high pressure fast paced environment with tight deadlines.
• Knowledge of the Spanish language marketplace.
• Fully bilingual: English/Spanish.
• Prior, related on-camera work in broadcast or web video production preferred but not required.
• Minimum 2 years previous on-air reporting experience.
• Communications or Journalism degree preferred.
• Must be willing to work in Burbank, CA [No Relocations]
• Must be willing to work long hours, holidays and weekends on short notice.
• Must be willing to undergo a pre-employment background investigation.
• Must have legal authorization to work in the United States.
• Must possess valid CA DMV license and a good driving record.
• Must be 18 years or older.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
LBI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online