Human Resource Generalist
Liberman Media Inc.Burbank, CA
Full Time Job
Exciting key opportunity for experienced Human Resources Generalist to join a growing media organization in our corporate offices in Burbank, California. As a true generalist, you will provide support in multiple HR areas and assist in the day-to-day operations of the Human Resources department and the administration of the human resources policies, procedures, and programs.
Essential Duties Responsibilities:
• Conducts recruitment efforts
• Assists in employee relations counseling and investigation; resolves employee relations issues as they occur, interfacing with various levels of management
• Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems
• Performs benefits administration including communicating benefit information to employees
• Maintains and administers Company leave of absence procedures
• Maintains HRIS records (ADP) and compiles reports as needed
• Maintains compliance with federal and state laws concerning employment
• Maintains Company organization charts
• Maintains human resources employment files
• Participates in administrative staff meetings
• Responsible for administration of workers' compensation insurance program; investigates accidents and prepares reports to insurance carrier
• Coordinates management training
• Manages and directs Form I-9 completion, re-verification and filing/retention for active and terminated employees as required by law
• Assist with the onboarding process
• Complete special projects, as directed
• Additional responsibilities may be required
• Strong knowledge of federal and multiple state employment laws; strong knowledge of California laws; knowledges of Texas and New York laws helpful
• 3 to 5 years of experience working in a Human Resources Department
• A strong work ethic and integrity
• Bi-lingual English and Spanish required
• Proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Attention to detail and very strong organizational skills
• Prioritizes and handles multiple tasks at the same time, meet all deadlines, and find creative solutions that solve problems
• Bachelor's degree
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
LBI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are LBI Media, Inc., the largest privately-held, minority-owned Spanish-language broadcaster in the United States which owns TV and radio stations operating in several top Hispanic markets, and is the parent company of the Estrella TV Network, and the fastest growing television networks in the U.S. We are looking for talented and passionate people who want to grow with us.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online